Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet x 82/101 Carbon wheels €500

Options
  • 31-01-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Looking at getting these from the guys in Athlone

Would use them just for road riding , not tri

Would the 82 be an issue in windy conditions

Anyone got experience

They would look very very sweet

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For TTs and triathlons, maybe. Otherwise, no.

There are mixed reports on the quality of deep section Planet-X wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Cheers Lumen

What about the Grammo 50 mm wheels that DMC are supplying to bike shops

There is an offer on them at the mo for €800

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

The Grammo wheels are sh*t. Having had an older set of Planet X 50's, I would say that the Grammo's are at best the same as them and more than likely the Grammo's are considerably worse.

We have a couple of sets of Grammo's in our club (after inspecting the wheels myself I advised both not to purchase), both ignored me however and in the next 2 months both suffered multiple broken spokes and hub problems. One had the wheels succesfully taken back for a refund and bought Cosmics instead. These are race guys by the way, so the wheels would have had good mileage in this time period and been put under a lot of load. They might be ok for casual cyclists who want their bike to look pretty on a 25kph leisure ride, but if you are doing anything serious, forget it. Avoid.

Advertisement