Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velvet Revolvers new singer is revealed....

Options
  • 31-01-2011 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

And is................Chris Jericho(Fozzy & and all things wrestling) according to Phantom FM this morning.

I cant find it anywhere on the net though!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My initial reaction is that if it is true, although I shall hold my breath, I would be interested to see that line up live and (knowing the kind of respect Jericho has for the genre and knowing his band wasn't just some cash in the first chance he got) I'm willing to give him a chance in that position. I could see the connection though between his stage presence and that of Axl Rose more so than Scott Weiland.

This have anything to do with the fact the Royal Rumble was on last night? I didn't watch it but maybe he was a surprise entrant or something...or maybe Slash was haha...how cool would that be:D

Apparently Diesel came back last night in the Royal Rumble, sorry, massively off topic but very cool to hear

This video is from January 22nd and this would is rather interesting, to be honest, he gives nothing away

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Classic Rock had Corey Taylor as the rumoured new singer. When Taylor was asked directly about it he did not deny nor confirm it and just said “To be continued”.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/corey-taylor-new-velvet-revolver-singer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Local band, Black Swan did a major European tour with Chris Jerico's Fozzy.

Maybe they will get the gig with Velvet Revolver.;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Velvet Revolver are set to reunite with their former vocalist Scott Weiland for a one-off performance at the House of Blues in West Hollywood, California in honour of composer John O’Brien. They will be performing on January 12th alongside further acts including Sheryl Crow, Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine and Adam Levine and James Valentine of Maroon 5, to name a few.

Since parting ways, fans have had the opportunity to catch Weiland on the road with his previous band, with whom he reunited as his stint with VR ended, Stone Temple Pilots. With the band parting on bad terms, many fans never expected to see them together again. Speaking to Classic Rock in 2011, he said “We patched things up and we get along. I see them every now an again, we text each other. And you know, we can never say never. Who knows, maybe we’ll do some shows some time.”

With that ‘some time’ being next week, it presents a ‘last chance opportunity’ for many. On the contrary, the hope could be that being onstage together once more will reunite the band for further touring. Since parting ways, the band have been unable to find a replacement singer to join Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum.

Many names have been linked to the band in terms of Scott’s replacement, primarily Slipknot’s Corey Taylor. With the band allegedly recording a full album’s worth with him, Corey seemingly came closest to stepping into Weiland’s shoes. Ironically, Scott came under serious fire from Corey Taylor on his recent speaking tour.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/169750/9

• Advertisement

Yeah, I heard about this, interesting alright...wonder if it will lead anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

VR released one great album and one utterly **** album. IMO, like all supergroups, they have a very short life.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id say if they do get back together we wont hear from them till late this year or 2013 with Slash about to release a new record this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Myles Kennedy would be amazing!! But it would probably mean the demise of alter bridge - which would greatly upset me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

• Advertisement
Advertisement