Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poem: I'll be there

Options
  • 31-01-2011 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

When all around is dark and grey
    and you can't face another day
    when all your dreams have turned to clay
    I'll be there to carry you

when smiles won't chase the clouds away
    and when the blues are here to stay
    when you are down and lost your way
    I'll be there to carry you

And soon the light will shine so bright
    to guide you through the darkest night
    and when the moonlight brings the dawn
    you'll be strong and carry on

don't ask me how I don't know why
    I only know that you'll get by
    the only thing I know is true
    is I'll be there to carry you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sugarbaker01

Thats a great Piece :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kerrywriterno1

That is a really beautiful piece. Well done on writing it. I suggest you enter that into a competition. It's really good and could possibly feature on some get well cards.

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 36 busbrokers

Thank you Aiden you have made me feel good today. I make poems up in my head and then write them down...in this case I was in a pub having a pint and this was running through my head and then had another pint and another until it was complete and then went home and wrote it down. I went to the pub the next night to write more poetry but all I had was more pints...O how us artists must suffer...Anyway Aiden I much appreciate you taking the trouble to write...All the best now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kerrywriterno1

No problem. That's what we're all here for, right? You did a great job on it and I do hope it gets published. Maybe you should enter it into a competition? It's worth a try.

Take care and best of luck with it. Keep writing!

Aidan

Author of, The Zargothian Tales: Return of the Son of Hamorin

Advertisement