Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Problem] Synaptics Touchpad Frozen - Ubuntu 10.10

Options
  • 31-01-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

OK, before I start, I have searched the Boards forums for this issue without any luck finding a related thread, so I am resorting to posting a fresh question about my issue in the hope that some fellow Boarders can offer some assistance (as they have done many times before :))...

I have an old Dell Inspiron 2650 onto which I have installed Ubuntu 10.10. I am consistently having issues with the touchpad, in that it is always frozen at the login screen, and thereafter indefinitely. For a couple of boot cycles one day it worked fine, but the vast majority of the time that I have tried to use it, it's frozen, and I don't think it's the cold weather!

The drivers on the machine are Synaptics. I am aware that there are issues with Synaptics TP drivers on Ubuntu and I have searched online quite a bit but to no avail.

If anyone is in a position to offer some assistance on this I would very much appreciate it. It is doing my head in that I have a rejuvenated laptop that is rendered almost useless by this issue :rolleyes:!

Thanks.

Ronan

Comments

Advertisement