Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday show in the RDS

Options
  • 30-01-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Hands up , folks , who went ?
    I was there on duty today , pretty tired now tbh! Show seemed smaller than other years to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I went and was pretty disappointed. I suppose I didn't know what to expect but I didn't expect it to be that small.
    I was hoping to see awnings / safari rooms as I'm interested in getting one, but there was nothing like that there.
    Maybe I was expecting too much ??

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

I was there. Tbh thought it was a joke calling it a holiday, motorhome and caravan fair. A few caravans and all the motorhomes were big and expensive. Not a van conversion in sight apart from the one in the carpark which was locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

yeah.went saturday
    met your dad and sister,i think
    asked who aidan mm was and i was told you wernt there till sunday
    wanted to thank you personally for all the great advice
    some great motorhomes you had on display
    out of my league though

have to say i only went to look at motorhomes too
    not a great turnout with only 3 different exhibitors

you would see more on a camp site:D
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

meercat wrote: »
    yeah.went saturday
    met your dad and sister,i think
    asked who aidan mm was and i was told you wernt there till sunday
    wanted to thank you personally for all the great advice
    some great motorhomes you had on display
    out of my league though

have to say i only went to look at motorhomes too
    not a great turnout with only 3 different exhibitors

you would see more on a camp site:D
    cheers

Thanks for that. Yes we were disappointed ourselves , I walked around and had seen it all in a half hour .
    I was working in the Garage Friday/Saturday.

Pleasantly surprised that most people thought we had 3 New MHs on display ...... seeing as the Lo-pro Adria was 3 years old . :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

i went on sat and we had a good day had a poke around the motorhomes entered all the competitions (didnt hear anything so must not have won).we were hoping to buy some chairs and may be a table not one to be seen we were also hoping that some of the ferry companies would be their but again none
    Their were a good few camping parks their and we got all the literature on them also a had good fun asking them why they felt €28/30 was good value compared to what you can get in France for the same money i got a right bollixing of one guy for telling him i would rather wild camp than pay them prices, the wife joined the caravan club so it looks like we be going to the uk this year,their was also some french sites their including the castles group again got all the buff and will have a good read when i have the time
    for €7 it was a good day,i did call to see if aiden m m was their to put a face to the name but was told you would be their sun :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shaysue

You missed Celtic Lines ferry company. They were there and with good return prices for camper to Cherbourg.

No harm to let these camp sites know that they are overcharging. €28 - €30 and then an extra €3/€5 for hook up PLUS €1/€1.50 for showers!! At least in France for that you get excellent 5* site.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

We gave it a wide berth after last year. Charles camping in Blessington have their open weekend at the same time, so last year spent about 40 minutes at the show, and then headed for Blessington where we got all the bits and pieces we needed at good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Went along with my friend who is doing a conversion at the moment, I'm helping him out.

Fairly disappointed alright, were hoping for a lot more people selling accessories and the like and hoping they might be offering nice discounts. And also even just to be able to chat a bit and maybe get some advice.

Enjoyed having a look in some of the nice shiny campers, but nothing you couldn't see by just dropping into one of dealers.

Won't bother next year anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Shame , cos they charge an arm and leg for for the stands.

Advertisement