Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ahhhhhhhhh help needed quickly CAO probelm

Options
  • 30-01-2011 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi
    just making my application now ( i know left it too late )
    its just i'm worried cause when i go to the application page
    its like this

Applicates Personal Detail : NO BOX (so cant put my first name here )
    Surname : BOX
    Other Names : BOX
    Tittle : BOX

i'm confused where to put me first name it doesnt make sense to me to put it in OTHER NAMES like or do i put i there

please someone help me quickly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just fill out what you can and give the kind folk on Eglinton Street a ring tomorrow. They are very helpful.

Also you can make any sort of changes to the form right up to the 1st of July so really, don't worry about it.

EDIT: There were a few problems with mine last year but they were sorted out very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

You put your first and middle names in the other names box.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You put your first and middle names in the other names box.

This is correct.

If there is someone else in the house with you, maybe ask them to check your details before you submit the application. Just to make sure it is all correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rainraingoaway

thanks for all yere replies put my first name in other names box seemed ok i didn't put my middle names is that ok ? oh crap if it isn't anyway one more question how are the exam results connected with the CAO justs wondering there seems to be no connection like :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I didn't put my midlle name either..

I don't think there is a connection?? You can check your results on that site though the day they come out.... or is that examinations??

EDIT: Yeah, fairly sure it's examinations, CAO only deal with courses, not the LC, but they obviously will check to make sure you have all the necessary criteria for your chosen course.

• Advertisement

thanks for all yere replies put my first name in other names box seemed ok i didn't put my middle names is that ok ? oh crap if it isn't anyway one more question how are the exam results connected with the CAO justs wondering there seems to be no connection like :):)

Your middle name isn't important..! No problem if you leave it out! I just generally use my first and middle name!

You will have to put your examination number in once you get it.. That's how they know what your results are!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Don't worry about the middle name.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

You will have to put your examination number in once you get it.. That's how they know what your results are!

In where? I've been wondering this too. I can't figure out how they'll know what results are mine!

flyaway. wrote: »
    In where? I've been wondering this too. I can't figure out how they'll know what results are mine!

On your CAO homepage I suppose.. Can't see anything on my page yet but I suppose it'll be in a few weeks before such a box appears.. I wouldn't worry about it too much! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

On your CAO homepage I suppose.. Can't see anything on my page yet but I suppose it'll be in a few weeks before such a box appears.. I wouldn't worry about it too much! :)

Oh. Okay. Thanks. I've just been panicking the last 10 minutes! :confused: Looked all over my CAO form online and there doesn't seem to be anything about examination numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Middle name would only be an issue if your name is John Murphy or Mary Dunne or something common like that.

Rainrain Goaway is quite unusual.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 IrishLad1996

I put my middle name on the CAO form.
    When I was filling out the level form if didn't have my middle name. Does it matter?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I put my middle name on the CAO form.
    When I was filling out the level form if didn't have my middle name. Does it matter?
    It's very unlikely to. It's CAO application number / SEC exam number which are the essential bits to link everything together, not something like your middle name.

Welcome to Boards btw, and just a gentle heads-up that it usually isn't a great idea to bump ancient threads! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement