Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain reaction cycles

Options
  • 30-01-2011 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering can i do the cycle to work scheme throught chain reaction cycles, seen a bike thats half price and worth it if i can get it from them !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

Hi all,

I am wondering can i do the cycle to work scheme throught chain reaction cycles, seen a bike thats half price and worth it if i can get it from them !

If you can agree with your employer to include CRC as a designated Cycle to Work scheme supplier , there's no problem . Some employers have "preferred suppliers" .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Will chain reaction just give me a quote etc.

Its my wife that will be doing it as i've already bought last year from a shop here in the republic.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Your wife doesn't need a quote - her employer buys the bike at the price listed, and she pays for it out of her pre-tax income. The fact she is buying a bike under the scheme is totally irrelevant from CRC's perspective.

I hope she gets many hours commuting with it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Being 7 months pregnant i feel she won't:D

BUT i will and it will help get me home 1hr earlier each day.

I am asking about the quote as when i get mine i had to supply an invoice/quote for what i wanted and this was then processed and transfered to the company in question.

We both work for government depts so the way they deal with the payments and ordering are set in stone.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would point out that what you are suggesting is tax fraud. It must be the intention of your wife to use the bike mainly for commuting. If it is being purchased mainly for your own use, it does not qualify for the scheme

I would add it is against the rules of boards for anyone to promote/encourage illegal activity, and I'm therefore closing this thread

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement