Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

special collections

Options
  • 30-01-2011 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

whats the story with these. i want to look at a book in special collections. how long will i have to wait if i went in tomorrow morning and also can one take in a pen and paper and write down notes from it that you want. i take it the stuff cant be photocopied

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pirateninja

You can pretty much go in straight away. I've never had to wait to get in there. There are some ones that you can photocopy but the majority of the books and manuscripts are really old and they're in plastic sleeves. You can bring in a pen and paper and copy stuff down, I tried to take a photo of one of them one day and the guy freaked at me so I wouldn't recommend that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

I was never allowed bring in pen and paper.... they give you a pencil and a sheet and you can use that but it is intense being in there for the first time!

Advertisement