Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling @ 22kph in Waterford

Options
  • 30-01-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I will probably post this in Waterford forum as well. I have recently taken up cycling and cant believe the enjoyment I am getting from it. I have a Giant Escape 4 Hybrid, can average 22- 24kph and can readily manage 50km per spin. I am still reluctant to join the clubs as I have no interest in progressing to racing - or have the budget for a road bike! My point is (finally!) I am starting to find it tedious during the cycle when out on my own and am wondering are there any like minded / common ability cyclists that would be up for a 50K spin early on Sunday mornings starting somewhere south of the city?
    Drop me a line or point me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Sportive Waterford are a club aimed at leisure cyclists and I think they'd bring you on a good bit.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smalltalk

Hi,I'm a member of Sportif Waterford and our group 1 might suit you.Just back from a spin which was cycled at 24kph avg and a distance of 50km,small group which included two beginners and a couple of old plodders:).This group would usually go out at 10.30 on Sat or Sun mornings(depending on the weather)Leaving from Woodies on the Cork road.If you need more info there is a contact on the homepage of the website who will put you in touch with the lad who organizes the spin.Most of the lads and ladies in the club cycle road bikes but if that did not bother you I dont think it would bother anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Headdy

Thanks Lads, I'll try it out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

headdy

joining a club, particularily a club like the waterford sportive club, will be the very best decision you can make.

the additional mileage covered as part of a group coupled with new routes, brining you to parts of your county that you may never have been before, coupled with the social factor and having a group to get around with rather than the solo efforts, will make it al worth while.

go for it ......

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Headdy

Michael196, many thanks for your help & encouragement, I hope to check it out this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

SWCC have an MTB wing also, and are always looking for new friends!

Advertisement