Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sticky Window Switch

Options
  • 30-01-2011 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭

I have a 02 avensis and the switch to lock the passenger door window keeps sticking, the window switches are fine, it's the lock switch, is there anything i can spray/put on it to get it moving freely with damaging the switch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I suppose a non-conductive spray would work. Should have it in electrics shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would try some silicone spray first.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you pull the button off you'll see a white square shaft type thing with a spring, if there's too much movement it'll get caught when you press it. Cleaning out the crud and lubricating the mechanism may help.
    We had to replace quite a few Corolla and Avensis master switches on warranty so It's a common problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Something like this is suitable for electrical switches. Most electrical wholesalers should have them

Advertisement