Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work experience for Fashion retail visual merchandising help!

Options
  • 30-01-2011 5:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi, I was wondering does anyone know where I would be able to get experience in visual merchandising, Like I havnt done any work in this role before, but will be studying it in Dublin institute of Design.
    I applied to loads of place work work experience, but nobody has replied!
    I have been interested in it for sometime and have made portfolio etc.
    But still cant get any work experience? Anybody have tips?

I'll be moving to England in May hopefully to get a job, because its just impossible here, but it would be a shame not to get any experience before I go :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well, I got work experience into the visual merchandising department of Arnotts (years ago). Have you contacted HR about it there?

You need to follow up your letters/emails with a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Isabelita

Hello,
    Continuing with this thread, I have work experience in a completely different Industry than Retail (Mfg and Packaging) as a Customer Service Rep and a degree in International Marketing.

I am looking for Internships or something that would make me get a "foot in the door" of Fashion Houses/Department Stores.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Isa

Advertisement