Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christmas eve burglery

Options
  • 30-01-2011 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

On christmas eve me and my friends left our rented house and went home, for me at liest just the one night, and at four in the morning we got a phone call to say our house had been burnt down!

i waited up all night anxiously, not for santa but to see if instead of getting something nice for xmas id lost everything id owned in one night.

so i rushed back to my home in tirrelan hieghts, missing xmas dinner, to see our armchairs melted down on the front lawn next to my tv.

long story short. a week later we got into our house to find out it had been robbed and then completely burnt out.

i lost so much!

who does this? on christmas eve? well its been a month and we havent heard from landlord or cops !

if anybody tries to sell you a les paul thats stolen tell me ! :)

if anybody has any information dont hesitate to tell me cos we are getting nowhere fast.xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Sorry to hear. I hope the Gardaí are a bit quicker than your appeal for a response. PM me if you want to buy a 21" tv for €80

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

sgthighway wrote: »
    Sorry to hear. I hope the Gardaí are a bit quicker than your appeal for a response. PM me if you want to buy a 21" tv for €80

I don't have €80 but would you be interested in a swap? I have a les Paul guitar for you. Looking to offload fairly quick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I don't have €80 but would you be interested in a swap? I have a les Paul guitar for you. Looking to offload fairly quick

:eek: Brazen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 eiensuki

hmmm, well apparently they(the cops) havent even started looking at it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

eiensuki wrote: »
    hmmm, well apparently they(the cops) havent even started looking at it yet.

Best of luck with dealing with the cops....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

bad buzz op, keep an eye in the pawn shops in town, buy and sell, done deal etc,

had you and your flat mates lots of cool stuff? would ye normally leave yer stuff visable during the day, sitting room/back kitchen curtains open like?

if not maybe a stranger who got into a party at your house or someone yer friendly with and knew yer plans for Xmas did the robbery,

burning the house down would suggest to me someone really bothered about leaving evidence behind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Was the Les paul in a case with a purple/pink trim??

JJayoo wrote: »
    Was the Les paul in a case with a purple/pink trim??

im not sure , i know it was in a hard case anyway... ill have to ask.

among the things stolen were , 1 laptop, 1 touch phone, 13 cameras, 1 video recorder, expensive comic books from the 90's, computer screen moniter (hd),
    les paul, electric bass, turn tables, 2 ps2's and vast collection of games.

among the things stolen were , 1 laptop, 1 touch phone, 13 cameras, 1 video recorder, expensive comic books from the 90's, computer screen moniter (hd),

with that amount of **** around your house was prob deliberately targeted,

you should ask around the neighbours was there any reports of other break-ins the same night or over the Xmas, even take a walk around some neighbouring estates and ask plenty of people the same,

whoever did it rightly cleared ye out ffs!!!

ps. was it an iphone 3GS that was stolen?

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    with that amount of **** around your house was prob deliberately targeted,

you should ask around the neighbours was there any reports of other break-ins the same night or over the Xmas, even take a walk around some neighbouring estates and ask plenty of people the same,

whoever did it rightly cleared ye out ffs!!!

ps. was it an iphone 3GS that was stolen?

i know! it really was a crap thing. the laptop didnt even work cos i broke it but i had loads of pictures and work on i hadnt salvaged yet !

naw the phone was something else cant remeber...
    like i was very close to staying in the house for xmas eve... but last minute i left...there was an expensive nikon from the 70's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

#

Been busy yourselves? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Santos Claws breaks into peoples house and steals their presents..

oh and on halloween night we had 2 expensive laptops stolen. there was a period of lets say 2 hours the house would have been empty for maybe less

oh and on halloween night we had 2 expensive laptops stolen. there was a period of lets say 2 hours the house would have been empty for maybe less

sounds like a neighbour or someone in you or your housemates circle privy to such info that did it so, or some extremely lucky burglars! fcuking scumbags

let this be a lesson to ye all never to live in a house that has no alarm and decent security ever again. it's just not worth it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Doctor_Socks

Stay pestering the guards with phone calls, it's the only way to get any reliable information. My house was burgled at the start of last October and I still haven't got any reliable information back apart from the burgler was caught and my TV is in the station.

Everytime I go to collect it they keep saying that the garda in charge is on duty and to call back when he's in again!! It's a joke! I'll keep an eye out for the Les Paul, was it a gibson, epiphone, edwards? Post it over in the musicians forum aswell as they can keep an eye out aswell.

If you have friends in other counties get them to check the pawn shops aswell as thieves offload a lot of their stolen goods in other counties now as they were being caught in the Galway pawn shops, thats what the Mill St detective told me anyways.

Advertisement