Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rihanna

Options
  • 29-01-2011 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Total 100% rant.

I really, really cannot stand her music. I have to listen to it over and over every night at work (bouncer in a club) and I have to say that no single artist makes my skin crawl as much as this woman. I was on Facebook earlier and I saw that she has 22 million fans, 22 million people don't think she's one of the worst pop disasters in the history of music.

My heart has sunk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Quit moaning! I have to listen to 40 hours of Cork's 96 FM every week (playing the "hits" you cant get out of your head).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The club is far worse (I used to work in 96fm!). They just don't play music by white people, it's all black, rap and that kind of ****.

Stupid ****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,258 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, white music is deadly.

Simply Red, Cliff Richard, etc...

Give me strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dermighty wrote: »
    The club is far worse (I used to work in 96fm!). They just don't play music by white people, it's all black, rap and that kind of ****.

Stupid ****ers.

Totally agree man should be death metal the whole ****ing way.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Total 100% rant.

I really, really cannot stand her music. I have to listen to it over and over every night at work (bouncer in a club) and I have to say that no single artist makes my skin crawl as much as this woman. I was on Facebook earlier and I saw that she has 22 million fans, 22 million people don't think she's one of the worst pop disasters in the history of music.

My heart has sunk.

Britney is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

She's everywhere. I wish she'd just go away!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I think any music that is overplayed will get on your nerves after a while now matter how good or bad the artist is.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Total 100% rant.

My heart has sunk.

Chris Brown feels the same as you except he done something about it :)

Too soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Stupid ****ers.

In the context of your post, I'm not sure what the asterixes are for in the second curse....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Stupid ****ers.

Are you promoting racially segregated playlists?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

nearly everything in clubs is worse than her, as if you chose rihanna to complain about

• Registered Users Posts: 33 donnell90

in fairness all her songs are in the top 10

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me. Prepare for the moral backlash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Birneybau wrote: »
    Yeah, white music is deadly.

Simply Red, Cliff Richard, etc...

Give me strength!

White musicians brings Simply Red and Cliff Richard to your mind? Are you 60?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

*insert Chris Brown joke here*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Stupid ****ers.

Dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    White musicians brings Simply Red and Cliff Richard to your mind? Are you 60?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Stupid ****ers.
    You're right black people have been the source of no good music. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I think she's great, Rated R is still her best album by a mile though. Fire Bomb, Cold Case Love and maybe The Last Song are all gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

She does have a voice like a leech f*cking your eardrum though. Does she sing through her nose?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Her voice grates on me a bit but she has released some great songs.
    I'll happily admit to loving SOS, Umbrella and Russian Roulette.

That "Oh na na, what's my name?" one is shíte though.

Advertisement