Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torture this morning

Options
  • 29-01-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Had a couple of jobs to see so took the bike. One in Dalkey the other in Tempelogue. Leaving bray went over killiney hill down to Dalkey then up to goat grill left then onto Tempelogue and then back through tailors lane Enniskerry then bray

But I left like lead and it was hardship from the get go. Why is it that some days u are flying then the next time u are just in bits. After saying that I got thru it wit reasonable time but was at a push.

On another note why de f(/k are drivers so bloody against cyclists. Probably a generalisation but nearly got run down 20 times today. And the cycle paths. Dont get me going on that one. Don't usually cycle that much on main roads hence my rant.

Ah I feel better now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Had a couple of jobs to see so took the bike. One in Dalkey the other in Tempelogue. Leaving bray went over killiney hill down to Dalkey then up to goat grill left then onto Tempelogue and then back through tailors lane Enniskerry then bray

But I left like lead and it was hardship from the get go. Why is it that some days u are flying then the next time u are just in bits. After saying that I got thru it wit reasonable time but was at a push.

On another note why de f(/k are drivers so bloody against cyclists. Probably a generalisation but nearly got run down 20 times today. And the cycle paths. Dont get me going on that one. Don't usually cycle that much on main roads hence my rant.

Ah I feel better now

perhaps you're overtraining? could be that you didn't eat well this morning. usual common sense will tell you what the problem was. didn't get enough sleep last night etc etc.

Here's a good link for the diet part. Aplles and cinemon seemt to be the way forward. Just ask the mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

After spending 5 weeks cycling in New Zealand I find Irish drivers positively friendly towards cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Rallymad

After spending 5 weeks cycling in New Zealand I find Irish drivers positively friendly towards cyclists.
    I would love to bump into the 2011 toyota corolla who tried to take me out going into thurles today then there was the the jeep who saw me then pulled out anyway had to lock up .Only getting back into cycling after a 15 year lay off had forgotten how aware you have to be out there to stay alive.But have to say really getting back into it used to love it and now i know why hills not as easy as they once were though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I've heard something similar from other people.

Advertisement