Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to place an advertisement for a Campervan

Options
  • 29-01-2011 11:40am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 12

Hi All,

We would like to place an advertisement for our campervan and would like to now on which site or magazine we can make the add.

Is carzone any good, or bye and sell, or would you prefer auto trader???:confused:

Which magazines are commonly sold here in Ireland?
    Would you recommend to advertise in the UK to?

Thanks for your reply, Vincent...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

zuzutje wrote: »
    Hi All,

We would like to place an advertisement for our campervan and would like to now on which site or magazine we can make the add.

Is carzone any good, or bye and sell, or would you prefer auto trader???:confused:

Which magazines are commonly sold here in Ireland?
    Would you recommend to advertise in the UK to?

Thanks for your reply, Vincent...:D

Try Done Deal I have sold several MH on it over the Years,you can put in loads of photos.1 photo says more than a lot of words.:D. Good luck with the sale,if you price it right you will sell it no bother.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

+1 for donedeal.
    I sold mine a few years back on www.Adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Donedeal is the ****znitz but does seem to attract at least 80% more chancers. Good thing about adverts is you can screen people.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

paddyp wrote: »
    Donedeal is the ****znitz but does seem to attract at least 80% more chancers. Good thing about adverts is you can screen people.

All advertising is risky ,you have to be carefull check out everything before parting with money.

I meant that when you advertise something on donedeal 80% of the people that call you are armchair shopping total timewasters. In comparison anything I've advertised in the local ads paper has been almost 80% genuine calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

As someone who's been looking (a while at this stage), donedeal is my first port of call, but I'd also check gumtree and adverts.

I'd normally ask questions before I view anything as I'd always considered asking questions first less time wasting for both me and the seller, than wasting peoples time tyre kicking a van that isn't suitable if I just turned up - maybe that makes me an "armchair shopping total timewaster" though.

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I'd normally ask questions before I view anything as I'd always considered asking questions first less time wasting for both me and the seller, than wasting peoples time tyre kicking a van that isn't suitable if I just turned up - maybe that makes me an "armchair shopping total timewaster" though.

I had no problem with people asking relevant questions. Big problem with people calling from wexford, donegal and waterford who you know have no intention of driving 100+ miles to view and ask a few vague questions that are all answered in the text of the ad and say they'll call you tomorrow. Also lots of people calling to ask if you'd swap for a motorbike or a caravan or a mini digger etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Fair enough.

Advertisement