Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADULT ADHD

Options
  • 29-01-2011 3:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Well I am new to Boards and posted this originally in After Hours section which was a bad choice given the handful of Wnakers I met over there. But, some very nice people there to though.
    Anyhow below is my original post.

Does anyone here have ADHD? I am a female in my late 20's and I have just been diagnosed. I was relieved in a lot of ways because I thought a diagnosis could help me.
    I have been on Ritalin for 2 weeks now and it hasn't transformed my life or anything.
    I am disappointed and sad because I thought I could finally be a proper person and hold down a job and finally get my life on track. Can anyone advise me? I have messed up some brilliant opportunities in my life and I know I am intelligent and capable but it's like I have a self destruct button.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Maud,

I guess there are many possible causes.
    For sure its not unusual in undiagnosed coeliacs ( average age to be diagnosed mid 40s )
    What tests were done en route to your diagnosis ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 anxiousone

Hey, I m self diagnosed. Would like to know where did you get the diagnosis? Is it in Dublin? I m having such a hard time. I m crashed again and its been for life, my father head it, my grandfather has it but just now we realized that thing such as ADHD exist.

Cheers

MaudGonne wrote: »
    Well I am new to Boards and posted this originally in After Hours section which was a bad choice given the handful of Wnakers I met over there. But, some very nice people there to though.
    Anyhow below is my original post.

Does anyone here have ADHD? I am a female in my late 20's and I have just been diagnosed. I was relieved in a lot of ways because I thought a diagnosis could help me.
    I have been on Ritalin for 2 weeks now and it hasn't transformed my life or anything.
    I am disappointed and sad because I thought I could finally be a proper person and hold down a job and finally get my life on track. Can anyone advise me? I have messed up some brilliant opportunities in my life and I know I am intelligent and capable but it's like I have a self destruct button.

Advertisement