Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC - Illegal Downloading

• 29-01-2011 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey boards.IE

As you can see im quite new on this forum and i may post this in the wrong section but i read this thread on this forum where they we're talking about IRMA fail to force UPC to block illegal downloads (Court Ruling). Thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056057651 and if im not mistaken they lost giving UPC the three strike rule.

"The ‘three strikes’ principle sees users get a written warning when illegal files are believed to have been accessed by them. A second warning is sent if the activity continues telling the user they will be disconnected if it continues and if it persists the customer is then removed from the network."

I know downloading in Netherlands is illegal since 2008 but im wondering how seriously do UPC take downloading from piratebay and so on. I lived in Germany for about 5 months and i used T-Mobile and i got fined TWICE for downloading a game and a movie. One from my grandmother's house and one from my aunt's house.

But now i live in Netherlands and in Norway (Where i was borned) They didnt give a **** and now im scared of getting busted AGAIN... I ask my friends from Netherlands and so on if they have ever been busted but all the people say they take the UPLOADERS not the DOWNLOADERS.

- Is it "safe" downloading illegal material in Netherlands using UPC as Internet Provider or not?

- Whats the chances of getting busted?

- If they do found out i download illegal materian, what will they do?

Thanks, and i hope i get some good answers! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Artshe wrote: »
    Hey boards.IE

As you can see im quite new on this forum and i may post this in the wrong section but i read this thread on this forum where they we're talking about IRMA fail to force UPC to block illegal downloads (Court Ruling). Thread is here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056057651 and if im not mistaken they lost giving UPC the three strike rule.

You've posted in the wrong section, but the point is academic anyway as your thread is a request for assistance to help you to commit illegal acts which is against the sitewide Boards.ie charter and will lead to this topic being closed and/or deleted.

I'm not sure if UPC is even an ISP in the Netherlands, and even if they are they have to conform to local laws - the only reason they don't chase pirates in Ireland is because there are no laws forcing them to comply. This is not the case in other countries.

The more severe the laws in the country, the higher the chances of detection and the higher the probable penalties. Also, the more contemporary and popular the materials you decide to steal, the more severe the reaction from your victims and the greater the likelihood of you being caught. I'd have some sympathy if you were downloading materials that cannot be easily acquired in your country, but if you want to download the latest games and movies I haven't the slightest iota of sympathy for you. Go out and buy them in the shops or through legal downloading!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

^

This.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement