Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike for 3 months?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm having a relative staying with me for 3 months while she's doing a work placement. She's looking for a bike for that period.

Should she buy one and sell it again? Or can she hire one? She won't be able to take it away with her.

All suggestions welcome! It's just for commuting.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'd say try and buy a second hand one and then sell it before they leave or even after they leave and you can paypal them the money. You probably won't lose too much on the deal and could possibly make a quid or two.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Buy a 2nd hand one where? Bit afraid to buy from an ad in case it's a stolen one....and the shops don't sell them anymore do they?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Buy a 2nd hand one where? Bit afraid to buy from an ad in case it's a stolen one....and the shops don't sell them anymore do they?

Try here, you'd want to be some clown to post a stolen bike there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Thank you very much, Captain! This is all I need to know! (Now to watch a German get used to cycling in Dublin......)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Some shops do sell second hand stuff. Rothar (not for profit-community place in Phibsborough) and square-wheels in Temple bar both do all second hand stuff just to start. Also, generally you'll have a fairly good idea from the tone of the ad and the dealer whether or not it's stolen if you get something of adverts.ie or gumtree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dublinbikeman claims to offer this very service
    For students from abroad who may only stay a few months, I can sell to you and buy back the bike when you leave, subject to agreement

have never bought anything off him, but he's been recommended on this board a few times.

Advertisement