Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Vintage Bike (ladies) in D8

Options
  • 28-01-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

* I know there's a lot of stolen bike threads on the go - merge this if needs be. *

My girlfriendsold 3-speed bicycle was stolen from outside our house, in a (normally safe) a cul de sac in Rialto Cottages.

145545.JPG

It's a pretty distinctive old bike - the back wheel has/had a frame lock which was secured to a lamp-post with a length of chain. Someone cut through the chain and made off with it :mad:

145546.jpg

Bikes being stolen like this seems all too common in Dublin.

Can anyone advise what's the best thing to do? We've reported it the Gardaí and I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree / Buy & Sell / Adverts.ie for anything suspicious... where do stolen bikes like this normally end up?

Any advise appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

That's all you can really do and it's most likely the best chance you have. If someone is trying to sell it, it'll probably end up on one of those sites. I will keep an eye out for it both online and around the streets. I would recognise it anywhere, A Raleigh Cameo from 1990-91 (the last year they were made) with very distinctive white wall tyres. This is how you'll be able to tell it from other Raleigh Cameo's you see around Dublin. The only other one from that year with those tyres I've seen is my girlfriends. We also live in Dublin 8, so hopefully there's no false sightings!! Hers has a basket and dynamo and different cranks, also the decals aren't as clear as yours. I really hope you find it and I will do my best to help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Thanks happytramp. Tis v annoying alright.

The bike in question doesn't have the white wall tyres anymore, it's got newer wheels which are all black since that photo was taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭mvt

Might want to keep your eye on Cork st/Coombe.
    Very noticeable the last week the amount of kids on bikes that are both too big and good for them.

Advertisement