Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc gaming set up

Options
  • 28-01-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

hi my prefered game is call of duty and ive had xbox nd ps3 im only 14 and trying 2 build my own pc ive been researching this for about a year and finnally decuided 2 start saving ive been saving for a year and have 600 euro (bday,xmas nd part time job) im getting another 200 for my bday and my dads putting the rest up.
    i was wondering is this a good gaming rig for cod and all games and is it future proof for 3-4 years

AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1075T 3.00GHz
    Asus GeForce GTX 460 Direct CU TOP 768MB GDDR5
    Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX (Socket AM3
    GeIL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
    Coolermaster Elite 430 Windowed Case - Black (with 500w Elite Power PSU
    Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler am3
    Saitek Cyborg V5 Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
    Coolermaster Inferno 4000dpi Laser Gaming Mouse & FREE Coolermaster CS-M Weapon of Choice AK47 Mouse Pad
    DRUOcUK Value 300Mbps Wireless-N PCI Adapter
    Sony 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter
    Akasa AK-274CB-4BLS 120mm Blue LED Fan x2
    Arctic Silver Matrix Thermal Compound
    and usb 3.0- controoller card
    Belkin N52TE Gaming Tool

i was especilly hoping if ppl cud tell me r these parts compatible and if 500watt psu is enough
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

If you go to Kompett.ie , there is a good background on each product including the wattage , The graphics card will take up a lot of it , maybe be safe and go with a 600 watt.

I think esata would be better than usb 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Try Hereman, they'll help you out a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

hi my prefered game is call of duty and ive had xbox nd ps3 im only 14 and trying 2 build my own pc ive been researching this for about a year and finnally decuided 2 start saving ive been saving for a year and have 600 euro (bday,xmas nd part time job) im getting another 200 for my bday and my dads putting the rest up.
    i was wondering is this a good gaming rig for cod and all games and is it future proof for 3-4 years

AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1075T 3.00GHz
    Asus GeForce GTX 460 Direct CU TOP 768MB GDDR5
    Asus Crosshair III Formula AMD 790FX (Socket AM3
    GeIL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
    Coolermaster Elite 430 Windowed Case - Black (with 500w Elite Power PSU
    Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler am3
    Saitek Cyborg V5 Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
    Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
    Coolermaster Inferno 4000dpi Laser Gaming Mouse & FREE Coolermaster CS-M Weapon of Choice AK47 Mouse Pad
    DRUOcUK Value 300Mbps Wireless-N PCI Adapter
    Sony 24x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter
    Akasa AK-274CB-4BLS 120mm Blue LED Fan x2
    Arctic Silver Matrix Thermal Compound
    and usb 3.0- controoller card
    Belkin N52TE Gaming Tool

i was especilly hoping if ppl cud tell me r these parts compatible and if 500watt psu is enough

You'd be better off giving us a budget and letting us find you some parts. If I were you, I go for the best components and leave things like usb 3.0 controller fans for later. Also, don't get Akasa fans, they're as loud as hell.

EDIT: Pixmania are also doing a 5770 for €100, might want to consider doing that in crossfire. If you buy a whole pc, you might want to look at overclockers.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

yeh i was shopping on overclockers uk but thanks what u think of the parts??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

yeh i was shopping on overclockers uk but thanks what u think of the parts??

They're all fine, although, I would go ati not nvidia. I think that's an ATi Chipset motherboard. You couldn't do sli with it if so. 6870 looks good or 2x 5770's would be good, what ever is better. Theres also a german site that supposed to be very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭AirsoftAndy

i have a 800 euro budget for everything (no moniter) but can go 2 900

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Head over to the pc building forum as docdolittle said .

They know their stuff over there .

Advertisement