Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D show venue in Button Fac

Options
  • 28-01-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hey, im just wondering is the desk set up there so i can mutlitrack record the gig? Never used the d show before but I heard something about being able to record straight into protools

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

dont wanna be bringin me laptop in for nothin haha

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭DBSound

Pretty sure there's firewire out on all d show venue systems alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niall22494

anyone interested in buying a homemix dj console from 100 euro with speakers there cds btw????????//

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭danjokill

there use to be a split to elektra upstairs ...... not sure what the config is now, call they'll tell you

:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

You can use a digi link cable to connect to an external mac. I would imagine you would have to provide the mac. Or possible see if you could rent Elektra's or one from the college there.

Edit:
    Oh and I used the splits to Elektra to record a gig a few years ago but there has since been a serious re-organisation of the studio and I'm not sure if they are still accessible or not. They worked fine, a few weren't intact but the majority were. If going down this route allow for a decent amount of setup time to patch it all up. If possible have it patched up and ready to go for soundcheck so you can then use sound check to check your levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nebo

Yeah, the splits are still there, but haven't been used in years as far as i know.

There is a digilink cable and a mac in the venue, so in theory you'd only need a hard drive to take the multi's after the gig.

You'd need to talk to either of the house engineers about getting it set up.

Advertisement