Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Brian McFaddden a flop here, but popular and liked in Australia ?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Is it something to do with Australians being idiots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

...this should be good...

*popcorn*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

lucozader wrote: »

Everything is upside down over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

He's an aspirational figure for the random Aussie bloke.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from After Hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Is he really that big in Australia? I think its just Irish media types trying to make out like he a superstar just to fill paper pages

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

I think it has something to do with Delta Goodrem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

cause he's a flamin mongrel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

Because he is with her
    No other reason
    Neighbours-Source.co.ukMediaGalleryCastOfficialDeltaGoodremInJapan001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

:D..Because Australians have a very strange sense of humour:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Any man who can leave a pop group, then launch an album in Whelans wearing a Nirvana tee-shirt has to be f**in cool.....ireland just isn't ready for an artist of such genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,022 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why is the OP obsessed with Brian McFadden, so much so, that he starts an identical thread to the one he started last March?:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055856959&highlight=mcfadden

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Because his partner is a very popular and well liked Austrailian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Because he has a fat head and they feel sorry for him? Or maybe because he was caught on camera taking a quick glance at Mariah Carey's rack and they think he is a cool dude:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

lucozader wrote: »

Because Brian's a big tit?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

When he started putting the Y in his name instead of the I - it made people question him....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Because he permenently moved to Australia and he only promotes his music there.

He probably could do promotion back here in Ireland but I think Brian has too much bad publicity on his hands over leaving Westlife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Two words: Kerry Katona

...and the fact they don't know who she is down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Could be Kerry Katona. He split with her in the days before it became clear to the public that she was a walking train wreck. Then he didn't help matters by heading off to Australia and appearing not to care too much about his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

He's not popular down under. Lived there for two years. He's riding on the back of Delta's success, he even toured with her being her support act. Most Ozzies look down on him and don't consider him to be good enough for her. For the Nintendo DS ads down there he appeared alongside her. He NEEDS her to get recognition down there. If they split ya can be granted he'll disappear back into the woodwork ad be forgotten. Suits him right for thinking he's bigger than one of the most successful boybands out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    He's not popular down under. Lived there for two years. He's riding on the back of Delta's success, he even toured with her being her support act. Most Ozzies look down on him and don't consider him to be good enough for her. For the Nintendo DS ads down there he appeared alongside her. He NEEDS her to get recognition down there. If they split ya can be granted he'll disappear back into the woodwork ad be forgotten. Suits him right for thinking he's bigger than one of the most successful boybands out there!

Brian doesn't think he's better than Westlife.

He actually wants to rejoin them, you should've seen the tweet he posted about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

karaokeman wrote: »
    Brian doesn't think he's better than Westlife.

He actually wants to rejoin them, you should've seen the tweet he posted about it.

Perhaps he doesn't think he's bigger than them. Tired last night when wrote that, so may have come across a little aggressive.

But he left on account that he didn't like what Westlife were and the music they made. Now he does?! They haven't changed much since he left. He wants to rejoin 'cos he sees how big they've become even if they haven't quite cracked America. Whereas he's just recognised as Delta's other half.

The boys won't have him back at all. Seen the interview with Gay Byrne and as they say they remain friends with him, but he jumped ship all of a sudden with not much notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

He's not real to them as he's an irish son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Brigantia

oooo, buy, buy, baby please don't let me go, to live my life this way :)

no but in all seriousness i do think it did have something to do with kerry and all the things she said about him when he was just releasing his album, she couldn't have timed it more brilliantly if she tired.
    but i like this other song he has done with Delta;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqHqh0nC8-w
    you would think that he should have been more popular here, but i think what kerry did has stayed in the minds of everybody and thats what distroyed his solo career before it had even begun.
    i don't know about him getting back with westlife, do they really need him? i don't think so, there doing fine as they are.
    he could have made it on his own, if only it wasn't for ..... , and the things she was saying about him around the time of there split.
    but i did read something on the net about him not bothering to promote in Ireland because of what went on in the past, which is kind of sad, we all believed kerry, little did we know what she was really like, until it all came out, eventually.

PS: i hope this isn't slanderess :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 caz87

I think its the fact he is dating delta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ayeayecaptain

The fact he is dating delta would mean the aussies would love him as she is very well liked!

Wwe Irish wont forget the fact he doesn't seem too bothered about his kids, I'll never forget his interview with Ryan Tubridy on the Late Late. In the interview, Bryan said he had to live in Australia because he couldn't work in Ireland at a normal job as everyone knows him, Ryan then pointed out if they were his kids and their mother who is their guardian was taking drugs in front of them and was clearly very troubled, he would join the dole queue just to make sure they were safe. Bryan couldn't give a proper answer to that statement.

Advertisement