Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Missing/re-homed Athlone Area

Options
  • 28-01-2011 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

While I was away in Australia for a holiday, my mom gave my dog away to a family somewhere in the Athlone area :(. I am desperately trying to track down this family and my missing dog. He is a one year old male Morkie (Maltese/Yorkshire terrier cross) answering to the name of Bailey. He is white/light brown in colour, with brown eyes, small in stature and (without a trip to the doggie parlour) is incredibly fluffy. Please respond if you have any information regarding him.

Yours

Desperately Missing Bailey
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Are you living with your parents. Was this a family pet. Or perhaps they were looking after it while you were on holidays. Just trying to work out why your pet was given away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MissingBailey

...he lived with my mom for a few months but as I am only in Galway was home regularly to help with him until I sorted out a pet friendly place to rent...however it was too much for her while I was on holidays...so I don't blame her at all...I just want to find him....make sure he is ok etc...see him again...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Do you have a photo of bailey. How long ago did your mother give her away. Does she have this lady's phone number by any chance.

I only found out when I came back on Tuesday so still in a bit of shock! I will try to upload a pic...she does not have a number but I have been in contact with a person who might be able to track down the family for me...its day 3/4 so I am just getting a bit anxious and wanted to put the call out to anyone who might know at this stage...otherwise I just have to wait and see...which is tough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

A lot of Athlone is in Roscommon so some people may not see this posted in the Westmeath forum.

Best thing to do is put an advert in one of the local papers and Vets office but unless your mother can narrow the search down with a surname etc it will be difficult.

I'll pass on the info to my friends in Athlone also when you put up the pic. as they are always out walking their dogs.

• Advertisement

..Thanks Pawrick...this is my first time to use boards and you are right about the Roscommon side...as a Westmeath gal I forget ;) I will get a pic..I am still hopeful my contact might work and if not will up campaign next week to vets etc...thanks for your help...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

my mom gave my dog away to a family somewhere in the Athlone

Then logic would tell me that your mother knows where the dog is or at least the name or phone number of the person who collected the dog from her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

unbelieveable, your mother had no right to do this without consulting you. i'd have killed her....its not like the dog was with her permanently.

anyway....have you tried moate dog rescue? they have a facebook page...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

i'd have killed her.

cuckoo cuckoo :D

Advertisement