Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Project Funding Help!

Options
  • 28-01-2011 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I've entered this competition listed below to help me fund a photography book project from home.

I'm from clare island and trying to organise putting together a photographic family history book to document families and life on the island in a comprehensive style.

If anybody can help me out by clicking vote everyday I'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    PJ

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,823 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you may get short shrift asking people you don't know for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I've removed your link, as it constitutes spam. I have done this with another couple of users also in recent times. Same competition too so it must be popular. This is a consistent approach to such matters.

If you become part of the community for a time and if you approach the moderators of the forum and if your intentions are towards strengthening the community or giving opportunity to community members, and if you post it in an appropriate place such as the out of focus thread then maybe it would be acceptable depending on the nature of the competition, but to be honest turning up on forum with no particular history asking for people who you don't know to 'vote for me' particularly on a forum which values photography on merit rather than popularity, is i'm suggesting a bit much to swallow.

Thank you for your interest and you are welcome to continue on the forum joining in with the community here.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement