Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane Cycles - Not in Slane

Options
  • 28-01-2011 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Decided to head out to the above mentioned today as have heard lots about the shop (or not in terms of location). Never bothered to check the website for directions or location or anything. Just thought Slane couldn't be that big of a town. Diversion on the way so had to go about 10 miles outta the way. No worries. Will be worth it seeing all the cool gear.

Stopped for directions on the way as diversion signs seemed to be leading me on a merry-go-round. They said don't blink or you'll miss Slane in a Renault garage outside Navan. Lovely says I - should be easy to find the shop so. When I got to Slane, I decided to look up their phone number as I had driven up the mian street and realised the place is tiny. Phone number was really long (didn't look at intl code), just assumed 028 was area code for Meath. Number not in service so checked number again. Penny dropped hard. Made some shockers in my time but that ranks up there in top 5 I rekon.

Home » Contact Us
    171 Andersonstown Road
    Belfast
    BT11 9EA
    Northern Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

You tool! ;) At least you didn't cycle out - although the spin might have been nice.

Slane Cycles are well worth checking out online. They are very competitive for most things and they deliver to Dublin very quickly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Slane cycles is called after the owner Paul Slane ex Irish road race champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

If I made this kind of mistake I'd keep it a secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,321 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

made my friday

although i have spent many hours driving looking for bike shops in the uk before now and they were usually closed when i get there pre internet shopping

why didnt you just carry on to belfast sure you were nearly there

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That's brilliant. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

I'd say you could'nt even buy a puncture repair kit in Slane (co meath).
    Did you at least meet Lord Henry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Made some shockers in my time but that ranks up there in top 5 I rekon.

[
    I wanna know what the other 4 are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

When I first saw the site I presumed they were in Slane, I thought it was odd they had prices in sterling tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭paddymacsporran

Was in Slane cycles in Anderstown Belfast on Tuesday.... The real one!!!

Good staff, good range, good service, good prices, dead easy to find off the motorway.

Big step up in quality and stock from what I've seen in cycle superstore and wheelworx, not been to Fitzcycles yet......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

niceonetom wrote: »
    If I made this kind of mistake I'd keep it a secret.

thought i might give some ppl a bit of a luagh.

• Advertisement

bcmf wrote: »
    I wanna know what the other 4 are.

you show me yours and i'll show you mine. hows about that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

you show me yours and i'll show you mine. hows about that?

Not a hope.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭victorcarrera

Well it could have been worse had you gone looking for Planet X.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Good man... that's given me a great laugh this morning!!!

Well it could have been worse had you gone looking for Planet X.

i'd still be driving round the place i guess. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Delvin Rugby club (now Boyne) were based in Drogheda not Delvin Co Westmeath. There was many a team that turned up in the wrong place. De la Salle Palmerston are now up near Stepaside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Decided to head out to the above mentioned today as have heard lots about the shop (or not in terms of location). Never bothered to check the website for directions or location or anything. Just thought Slane couldn't be that big of a town. Diversion on the way so had to go about 10 miles outta the way. No worries. Will be worth it seeing all the cool gear.

Stopped for directions on the way as diversion signs seemed to be leading me on a merry-go-round. They said don't blink or you'll miss Slane in a Renault garage outside Navan. Lovely says I - should be easy to find the shop so. When I got to Slane, I decided to look up their phone number as I had driven up the mian street and realised the place is tiny. Phone number was really long (didn't look at intl code), just assumed 028 was area code for Meath. Number not in service so checked number again. Penny dropped hard. Made some shockers in my time but that ranks up there in top 5 I rekon.

Home » Contact Us
    171 Andersonstown Road
    Belfast
    BT11 9EA
    Northern Ireland

You got away lightly if you ask me. How do you think I felt when I found out Everest Cycles is in Bray

Advertisement