Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on choosing a video to download from the sufferfest website

Options
  • 28-01-2011 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Hoping ya can throw some advice my way.

Doing a themed Tour de France type themed Spin class tomorrow afternoon, I have a projector set up to show footage up against a wall in the studio to add something extra. Thinking of downloading a video from sufferfest, any particular ones that any of ye have used and enjoyed??

Much thanks
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

I've the Downward Spiral and Fight Club ones - they're pretty good, wouldn't have a problem recommending them

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

I have the Angels one which is mostly about climbing, which might not suit a spinning class I guess. Great video and music, really keeps you going for an hour. They have a new one out called local hero which is 1hr15mins if you have a class longer than 1hr but it seems to be mostly about long efforts without many stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

wayne0308 wrote: »
    I have the Angels one which is mostly about climbing, which might not suit a spinning class I guess. Great video and music, really keeps you going for an hour. They have a new one out called local hero which is 1hr15mins if you have a class longer than 1hr but it seems to be mostly about long efforts without many stops.

No no - I love the climbs alright. Stops some people letting the flywheel work for them.

Im looking to keep them for at least 90min and fitness will not be a problem at all with these people. I saw one thats 85min long but i suppose i wouldnt have an issue using one for an hour or so and then using the last 30min working w/out footage.

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Il look around now and pick one or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

+1 on Angels

Probably need cadence measurement to make sure you're in a decently hard gear to simulate climbing.

It's the only way I can stomach getting on the turbo these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Revolver (45min) is the shortest but it nearly kills me every time. Always feel like puking after, not quite the same with the others.

• Advertisement

Ended up using the 85min Local hero - was good fun and work up a bit of a sweat between 3 6min pyramids, 5x3min sprints and some more sprints from races past.

Went down very very well and i'm buying again from the site. Great stuff to use at home to take the monogomy away from spin bike and turbo trainer and great for class use aswell with a projector.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Went down very very well and i'm buying again from the site. Great stuff to use at home to take the monogomy away from spin bike and turbo trainer and great for class use aswell with a projector.

I hope you've at least cleared this with your wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭karlmyson

+1 on Angels.

Did it last week with the same projector-type set up and a small group. Tough session, suggest do more warm up than the video itself allows. We did half an hour before getting down to the Sufferfest itself.

Gonna buy the series, they're very well put together.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I hope you've at least cleared this with your wife!

Haha, don't worry that's not an issue that will arise!

Advertisement