Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for a good installer for gas hob

Options
  • 28-01-2011 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'd like to install a gas hob to replace the electric one, and I'm looking for a recommendation for a good installer (the area is Enniskerry) who doesn't charge a fortune to do it.

Everything is already in place (pipes, cables, valves), as there was a gas hob installed until two months ago, so I thought it would be an easy task, but I got quotes of 140 Euro! I find it way too much, after all it's a matter of connecting a cable and the gas pipe to the hob... Or maybe there's something I'm not considering?

Thanks in advance for all recommendations. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

daigo75 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I'd like to install a gas hob to replace the electric one, and I'm looking for a recommendation for a good installer (the area is Enniskerry) who doesn't charge a fortune to do it.

Everything is already in place (pipes, cables, valves), as there was a gas hob installed until two months ago, so I thought it would be an easy task, bt I got quotes of 140 Euro! I
    find it way too much, after all it's a matter of connecting a cable and the gas pipe to the hob... Or maybe there's something I'm not considering?

Thanks in advance for all recommendations. :)[/QUOTE

That sounds about right where did you buy the hob ?
    you need it certified by an rgi so the price includes vat at 21% -fittings needed will be charged to you at roughly 20 euros so all in all it's about right

don't forget that the 140 includes

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

I didn't buy the hob yet, I was checking how much the installation would cost to calculate the total cost first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Thanks On the verge, but I already know that list. There are plenty of them, that's why I was asking if anybody could *recommend* one.

Advertisement