Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald will be remade for Gen V?

Options
  • 28-01-2011 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

I've been wondering if the remake trend will continue, what with FR/LG coming out during Gen III and HG/SS coming out during Gen IV.

It's already possible to get most Gen III Pokémon in the DS games already so I'm not sure if it would be strictly necessary, plus Hoenn isn't exactly in need of a lick of paint the way Kanto and Johto were. Having said that I wouldn't mind the excuse to revisit Hoenn, and I do like a lot of the Gen III Pokémon, so I'd say I'm in favour of it overall.

Is it something people would like to see happen?

R/S/E remakes? Think it'll happen and do you want it to? 15 votes

I think they will be remade, and I would like them to be.
    0% 0 votes
    I think they will be remade, but I don't want them to be.
    60% 9 votes
    I don't think they will be remade, but I would like them to be.
    26% 4 votes
    I don't think they will be remade, and I don't want them to be.
    13% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I reckon they will, and I'd quite like it if they were. Ruby got me back into pokemon after years of not playing (I didn't even get Ruby until about 3 years after it was released..), so I'd like to see it with a Gen V spin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

At the moment it is possible to transfer Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire to Diamond/Pearl. It will be possible to transfer from Diamond/Pearl to Black/White. It will most likely be possible to trade from Black/White to a Gen V remake of Ruby/Sapphire if it exists. It would be possible to transfer Pokemon from the original Ruby/Sapphire to the remake Ruby/Sapphire. Therefore a remake is redundant and unnecessary. QED

I admit I'm biased as I lost interest in Pokemon during the Gen III games and only started playing again once Platinum was released. I think a remake is unneccessary but will most likely happen anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Given that the franchise is treated as a means of printing money, I'd be surprised if they didn't but there's no need since there is a direct path from R/S/E to Gen V on a single hand-held with no extra cabling, rejigging or dicking about. At least FR/LG and HG/SS had the justification that the GB and GBC games were not compatible or transferrable to the GBA and above generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

They probably will, purely because it will sell money because its a pokemon game, but I wouldn't be too pushed about it. Gen III was definitely my least favourite. So much stupid pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

tbh, I don't think it will happen. All the Gen 4 games have the capability in them to catch all 493 Pokémon in that Gen without needing to transfer from a GBA game. The only real reason that FR/LG and HG/SS happened was because of the inability to transfer Pokémon up generations due to the hardware changes, so the native Pokémon from those regions had to be re-added somehow.

Also, I get the feeling that Gen 5 is an attempt to return the series to a more basic form, without having to pad up the new regional 'dexs with rehashed stuff from older generations. Thus, with Gen 3 and 4 availability and a proper line of getting those Pokés up into a Gen 5 game, I doubt there will be a remake.

I wouldn't mind one, but I really don't think it will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

I think that they will! With the 3DS coming out there is bound to be a whole lot of new DSi Ware games. I heard rumours that they were remaking them. Or maybe that was just for R/B/Y versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They need to expand the range, not rehash. A set of DSiWare / 3DSWare games that you could export/trade over to from the Cart that give you reasons to train up differen't mon in different ways and for different roles. A five a side Soccemon game where Tackle is a damned good move to have if you're in defense. A 2D fighting game (Pokken?) or maybe Granbull Turismo... shake things up a little, help some of the less appreciated 'mon find a new lease of life, let the 'Mon earn and bring things back from those games (moves, stat boosts, items) that they otherwise couldn't get. And of course a storage hub would be nice, perhaps one with an integrated breeding centre that uses the passage of time or a pedometer to decide when eggs will appear....

Advertisement