Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better Course Nursing(Trinity) Or biomedical Science(Queens University Or DIT)

Options
  • 28-01-2011 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Am not sure which to pick.
    I want to end up going into medicine and as we all
    know a test as to be taken, in this test consist of Chemistry(Which i'll learn in biomedical science), Biology (Also Biomed Science), and Physics(Biomed Science).

While biomedicine has the upper hand in helping me it just that i feel due to the countries state i haven't much of a chance getting a job.

As a nursing, ya it will be easyer getting a job but i'll know nothing about Medicine. Also Nursing is like a cleaning job you clean up after a bunch of bratty rube doctors who feel too proud to clean up themselves.

And if i was to go into medicine and do that test and some how pass, i won't reall
    y have as much of an upper hand in the class as people who as done a similar study as medicine.

Due to
    the fact that med school isn't cheap and i have 5 sister and brothers, i might be in the same job for years before i can think of trying for medicine.

And another thing the only "College" that does Biomedical science in Dublin is DIT. Which mean no university BIG let down for my paents they feel IT's are for people who wouldn't end up earning much

(And also i mightn't end up in medicine so i might regert my job chioce)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Weetbix wrote: »
    know a test as to be taken, in this test consist of Chemistry(Which i'll learn in biomedical science), Biology (Also Biomed Science), and Physics(Biomed Science).

While biomedicine has the upper hand in helping me it just that i feel due to the countries state i haven't much of a chance getting a job.

As a nursing, ya it will be easyer getting a job but i'll know nothing about Medicine. Also Nursing is like a cleaning job you clean up after a bunch of bratty rube doctors who feel too proud to clean up themselves.

And if i was to go into medicine and do that test and some how pass, i won't reall
    y have as much of an upper hand in the class as people who as done a similar study as medicine.

Due to
    the fact that med school isn't cheap and i have 5 sister and brothers, i might be in the same job for years before i can think of trying for medicine.

And another thing the only "College" that does Biomedical science in Dublin is DIT. Which mean no university BIG let down for my paents they feel IT's are for people who wouldn't end up earning much

(And also i mightn't end up in medicine so i might regert my job chioce)

probably going to get banned for this but if you consider nursing just a cleaning job, i would suggest its not the job for you, as for biomedical science I honestly dont know what the course is like, just to bear in mind if you are a leaving cert student this year, you might have missed the deadline for applying to Queens in belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Weetbix

probably going to get banned for this but if you consider nursing just a cleaning job, i would suggest its not the job for you, as for biomedical science I honestly dont know what the course is like, just to bear in mind if you are a leaving cert student this year, you might have missed the deadline for applying to Queens in belfast
    Why would you get banned for speaking your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

You can do a postgraduate medicine course in UCD as long as you get a 2.1 in any course. Do a science degree (UCD commentry for science 385 points last year) and you'll have a very good chance of getting the post grad course, I'd recommend doing a chemistry course if you do decide to go through the science > post grad medicine route.

Science course is 4 years long and so is the post grad medicine course which is only 2 years longer than the average medicine course, so ultimately you'll become a doctor much quicker than going the nursing > doctor route. Not to mention your view of nursing is completely skewed and you'll probably hate it if that's what you think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Firstly, would you not consider going the LC/HPAT way into medicine? You might have missed the deadline for the HPAT this year though, but even applying next year would work out shorter if you got it.

Wouldn't advise going into nursing with that attitude anyway. Nurses are given a detailed medical background so it would be somewhat useful but it requires a certain type of person and you're not really giving off the impression that you would be interested in it.

Also, bratty rude doctors? Insulting the profession that you want to get into?

UCD do Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences. Won't even comment on the IT thing....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Firstly, would you not consider going the LC/HPAT way into medicine? You might have missed the deadline for the HPAT this year though, but even applying next year would work out shorter if you got it.
    There's still time for late applications until the 1st February I think, albeit with a hefty 50€ late fee on top of the 95€ normal fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement