Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frost in Tralee area

Options
  • 27-01-2011 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

Any thoughts on how bad the frost will get this weekend around North Kerry. I'm in a committee running a Point to Point in the old Tralee racecourse on Sunday and we're a bit worried about frost after all the work that's been put into it. I'd say we could handle -1 or -2 wouldn't want anything much more than that though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Hi everybody,

Any thoughts on how bad the frost will get this weekend around North Kerry. I'm in a committee running a Point to Point in the old Tralee racecourse on Sunday and we're a bit worried about frost after all the work that's been put into it. I'd say we could handle -1 or -2 wouldn't want anything much more than that though.

Try the latest 18z Gfs forecast here-
    http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=
    Click on "select chart type" and scroll down to minimum temp then click on >> to step forward for the forecast nightly times you are most concerned by, i assume you checked our friends at met eireann too http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I think there'll be a lot more cloud hanging around in the next few days so that will keep temperatures up. I'd say a 70% chance of no disruptive frost there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Just home, snow flurries at the moment down here in Cork
    Outside temp & wind chill both 1.2c

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭mike2084

Hi Guys,

We got lucky with the frost in the end thankfully. It wasn't that bad and we had bright sunshine which thawed it pretty quick. Day considered at great success by all involved :)

Thanks for your forecasts guys much appreciated

Advertisement