Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotor Q Rings (mechanic needed)

Options
  • 27-01-2011 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

alright lads

has anybody had the Q rings fitted?

i got them fitted to my bike last week but im pretty sure the derailer still needs some tweeking, as its really shifting quite poorly

does anybody know any mechanics that are familiar with these Rotor Components?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

alright lads

has anybody had the Q rings fitted?

i got them fitted to my bike last week but im pretty sure the derailer still needs some tweeking, as its really shifting quite poorly

does anybody know any mechanics that are familiar with these Rotor Components?

What exactly is the problem? Is it rubbing at top or side? The derailleur may not be aligned straight or may need to be moved up or down a little. They are quite fiddly to set up at first.

Where are you based?

Sorry-meant to say that shifting rings takes a little getting used to particularly changing up. You have to make sure the chain is sitting onto the teeth at the top before riding it on. I dropped it quite a bit at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

100Suns wrote: »
    Sorry-meant to say that shifting rings takes a little getting used to particularly changing up. You have to make sure the chain is sitting onto the teeth at the top before riding it on. I dropped it quite a bit at the start.

yeah, going up from the small to the big, but ive seen clips on youtube and the shifting is fine, mine is pretty crap.

another thing is there's an annoying creek in from the crank now

just wondering Suns, Carlos Sastre uses the exact same set up, a 50/36, and he's won a tour de france, so im sure his up-shifting wasnt too bad

Did you change the cranks/BB or just the rings? I changed just the rings and months later there is still a weird creak under pressure on the 53.

The shifting up is something you'll get use to. You have to baby it up at first but when you get used to it you'll be able to do it quickly and smoothly without having to look down. The ellipse is trickier than a consistent curve. If it's still bothering you after 500k start thinking about a mechanical solution.

If you want to get it checked I know a mechanic in the D7 area who is good with them if that suited you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

100Suns wrote: »
    Did you change the cranks/BB or just the rings? I changed just the rings and months later there is still a weird creak under pressure on the 53.

The shifting up is something you'll get use to. You have to baby it up at first but when you get used to it you'll be able to do it quickly and smoothly without having to look down. The ellipse is trickier than a consistent curve. If it's still bothering you after 500k start thinking about a mechanical solution.

If you want to get it checked I know a mechanic in the D7 area who is good with them if that suited you.

yeah, im in tallaght, could you pm me the details please

• Advertisement

Pm sent

Advertisement