Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firebird Popular Boiler Advice

Options
  • 27-01-2011 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello all,

I recently ran out of oil and since I got the re-fill, my boiler itn't working properly. I bled out any air pockets (which I have done before) and hit the red reset button after bleeding. After this the boiler would kick in but it would die again after about 2 seconds. There is a dial on the front which I can move using a small allen key next to it. This was at 5 and I noticed that when I move it to about 2, the boiler does burn for about an hour, but the rads don't heat up fully. There's also a grey box on the top with a knob which is set about half way between high and low.

The boiler is less than a year old and worked fine until now.

Checked with fuel merchant and I was definitely given kerosene which is correct.

Any advice greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

GET A TECHICIAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Possibly partialy blocked nozzle filter or pump filter, but if you have reduced the air intake the boiler is now likely sooted up, thus the lack of heat, you will need an Engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

You can find an engineer on Oftec Ireland website.

Advertisement