Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening PC .tif and .jpg files on a Mac. Problem....

Options
  • 27-01-2011 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

I regularly send .tif files created on my PC (Vista x64) to clients (I'm a photographer)

I've just had a call from a client who says that he has downloaded the contents of the DVD onto his Mac HD and opened them in Photoshop.

However, he cannot affect any changes (edits) to the files.

I know zip about Macs.

Any idea what his problem might be and what the solution is?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If he can open them in PS then he should be able to save them as a different file type.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

At a guess he's probably opening them directly from the dvd, and obviously unable to save over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    At a guess he's probably opening them directly from the dvd, and obviously unable to save over them?

^^^ What he said! Make sure that your client has copied the files to his hard drive and removed the dvd and then try making changes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Liameter

Sounds like a problem with the Mouse Controller.

Advertisement