Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green IFSC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I don't understand the point behind it. What exactly does it do.? Unless I'm missing something, that website only seems to tell us what it ''could'' achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

sup_dude wrote: »
    I don't understand the point behind it. What exactly does it do.?

Sush you! the plan has both the words "smart" and "green" hence its destined to succeed, now get on with the programme! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Oh so basically if you ignore the words ''could'', ''in principle'' and ''potentially'' and ignore the fact that they haven't actually told us anything about it, or provided proof that it will provide 6 billion in revenue (except the word of the untrustworthy Taoiseach); it should work brilliantly without fault and without any need to question it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The place would be trading carbon credits instead of money.
    Thats one in the eye of Gormley, launching this after the Greens abandoned ship, and after telling them to stuff their Climate Change Bill up their green asses.
    International carbon trading is just another scam waiting to take off.
    Much better is our own native solution; www.capandshare.org

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

sup_dude wrote: »
    Oh so basically if you ignore the words ''could'', ''in principle'' and ''potentially'' and ignore the fact that they haven't actually told us anything about it, or provided proof that it will provide 6 billion in revenue (except the word of the untrustworthy Taoiseach); it should work brilliantly without fault and without any need to question it :p

Stop talking down the economy!
    There is going to be a soft landing yet, you won't be so smart then!

Srsly tho, I would have thought these would already exist in the global cities like London, New York etc..

Is the market even big enough to support us?

I may be misunderstanding it, as I thought these credits were assigned/traded between countries........I guess if it's companies rather than countries that may be a different story, but I don't understand how it could be enforced on most smaller companies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I love it, FF recycling the words "smart" and "green", what a turnup for the books. :D

What happened that other stillborn smart and green plan, the ICSC ( C = Content) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    Stop talking down the economy!
    There is going to be a soft landing yet, you won't be so smart then!

Srsly tho, I would have thought these would already exist in the global cities like London, New York etc..

Is the market even big enough to support us?

I may be misunderstanding it, as I thought these credits were assigned/traded between countries........I guess if it's companies rather than countries that may be a different story, but I don't understand how it could be enforced on most smaller companies.

I think that's the whole point, New York and London haven't set up yet for this industry, so Ireland could get the first mover benefit to become the global centre...

Also, I dont think FF actually had any influence/impact on the plans. The whole thing is the work of the IFSC, not the government.

Advertisement