Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alison Curtis leaving Today FM

Options
  • 27-01-2011 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Only usually listen on a Monday morning on my way to work.
    I like the show as its laid back and has some good music.
    She is moving to phantom I think.

Please do not put Tim Kelly back on the air instead of her!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kunle

dobsdave wrote: »

Im sure Tim Kelly will be back on that slot until they find somebody else. The same thing always happens to poor Tim they give him a slot for awhile and then shaft him, he has done almost every shift on today Fm at one stage over the past 13 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Really, did she say why?I Liked her late show. Never hear the early one usually. Funny I was thinking last time I heard it how long she would stick the early starts. All male Today fm now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

Personally I ll miss her show on Todayfm and I wish her well. I suspect this will not be the last move. It sounds to me like a repositioning of brands with the Marconi House Denis O brien stables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

I never get to listen to her, but mention of Denis O'Brien reminds me... Isn't Tom Dunne sposed to be starting a music show on Phantom soon? So I guess they're firming up the Phantom brand by bringing fairly heavy hitters from Today FM and Newstalk over to Phantom...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Alison Curtis also announced that she was pregnant, so she will starting her new gig at Phantom then going off on maternity leave fairly quickly.

Good for her, although not great timing for the Phantom show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ericsinjun

I'll miss her for sure, always good for a bit of AC/DC in the morning. I like the sound of Phantom fm, is it only Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

looking forward to tomorows show,will also miss her in the mornings but wish her the best of luck in her new job and also her personal life,thanks alison

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They'll have lost me for good if that happens. That guy is one of the worst DJs on the radio, the music he plays is just dire, generic pop crap. You can be pretty sure he won't be playing anything like Message to You Rudy by The Specials, like Alison did yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Appears that Alison Curtis is heading back to Phantom, yes. Also joining is Claire B - currently of the Zoo Crew on Spin 1038. Her spot will be taken by Dara Quilty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Sad to hear Alison Curtis is leaving the early spot. Really enjoyed the show and she's the only thing good about having to get up at 6.30!
    Not sure how much I'll be able to listen in the new slot :(

Good luck to her though, she'll go far. Best female voice on radio, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

didnt today FM but phantom, or are they buying it? I heard that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

They would hardly bring Tim Kelly back, sure isn't he too busy with the ghost hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

They would hardly bring Tim Kelly back, sure isn't he too busy with the ghost hunting

Ghost hunting? Janey, he has never mentioned that on air :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Ian Dempsey said this morning he thinks Tim Kelly is coming back for a bit (it all sounds very rushed)

I'm intrigued by the ghost hunting though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 maire c

I preferred Alison in the evenings. Of late. I only got to hear the last 15mins of monring show, but she played cracking songs. Its a big loss for Todayfm show. :( Now there will be no chance of hearing her new show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Ian Dempsey = Biege

novarock wrote: »
    didnt today FM [buy] phantom, or are they buying it? I heard that somewhere.

Communicorp (owners of Today FM, Newstalk, 98FM, Spin and more) bought a majority stake in Phantom and they've moved in to Marconi House, upstairs from Today FM.

Alison Curtis starts her new "talk show", Monday at 2pm on Phantom 105.2

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Put Fenton in that time slot,or the one before.....OR even better horse him out of it !!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davebanks7

Check Tim's Facebook page to find out more about his ghost hunting hobby!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 davebanks7

It looks like the powers that be i.e. the people with the money are tearing Phantom apart.

I've heard that Gerry Roe is also leaving, along with Simon Maher....the 2 guys with the "original Phantom spirit".:(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ModeMadFan

ericsinjun wrote: »
    I'll miss her for sure, always good for a bit of AC/DC in the morning. I like the sound of Phantom fm, is it only Dublin?

Yes Dublin only but check it out online. Best Radio Station by far.

Can't wait for Alison to return to her original home. Never heard her early morning show but great that she is returning to Phantom. Also rumour has it that Tom Dunne is joining Phantom as well.

Although not mad about the possible new Name of Phantom to K-Roq

ModeMadFan wrote: »
    Although not mad about the possible new Name of Phantom to K-Roq

That rumour has been clearly denied. Not sure about the Tom Dunne rumour. I'm hearing one that he'll be producing a pre-recorded show for Phantom while still doing his Newstalk show...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

davebanks7 wrote: »
    It looks like the powers that be i.e. the people with the money are tearing Phantom apart.

I've heard that Gerry Roe is also leaving, along with Simon Maher....the 2 guys with the "original Phantom spirit".:(

well, i'll reserve judgement until I hear Alison, Claire B and possibly Tom's shows, but at least the changes are coming at once, in contrast to the slow decline of quality in Phantom over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Zaph wrote: »
    They'll have lost me for good if that happens. That guy is one of the worst DJs on the radio, the music he plays is just dire, generic pop crap. You can be pretty sure he won't be playing anything like Message to You Rudy by The Specials, like Alison did yesterday.
    To be fair to Tim the music's not his fault, he's totally playlisted. I'd say Alison had a caveat where she got two or three free choices per show.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

It seems Louise Duffy of AA Roadwatch will be the new presenter of the 5am - 7am slot on Today FM...

Certainly different from doing traffic reports, and it'll be an even earlier start. But good luck to her all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ste88m wrote: »
    It seems Louise Duffy of AA Roadwatch will be the new presenter of the 5am - 7am slot on Today FM...

Certainly different from doing traffic reports, and it'll be an even earlier start. But good luck to her all the same.

Really ? Who's doing it now as on the todayfm website it says morning time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Really ? Who's doing it now as on the todayfm website it says morning time.

Phil Cawley and Tim Kelly have been filling in since Alison went upstairs.

I heard it from someone in Today FM, then another person in Today FM tweeted about it and apparently Phil Cawley mentioned it (on air) too... I imagine they won't update the website 'til she starts out..

Advertisement