Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock to Stillorgan?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Same as in the title. How can I get to Stillorgan from Blackrock? God, I've no clue, don't use Dublin Bus services at all. Yes, I looked it up online, but I found their website rather a black magic for me to use... tomorrow need to appear in Stillorgan Shopping Centre cause seems like I'm gonna work there. Don't want to miss my chance..

Thank you for your time, guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Depending on where in Blackrock you live, you can probably walk to Stillorgan SC quicker than any bus, but some bus options,
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/5/ travels up the Mt Merrion Avenue, then Trees Road, you can walk to shopping center in less than 5 minutes from 1st stop on Tree's Road
    Number 17
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/New-Route-17/ would leave you a 10minute stroll to the SC

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

5 or 17 and then walk from top of Mt Merrion Ave/ Tree's Rd, or get a 46a/145

114 to Whites cross and 46a/145

5, 17 and 114 are not that frequent though. Depending on times it may be just quicker to walk, 25-30 mins
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Frascati+Rd%2FN31&daddr=Old+Dublin+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FW1PLQMdv7Ch_w%3BFfsjLQMdAGih_w&mra=ltm&dirflg=w&sll=53.290745,-6.178694&sspn=0.011441,0.065317&ie=UTF8&z=14

• Registered Users Posts: 17,563 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Also the 46e in the morning peak from Blackrock DART station via Newtownpark Avenue, Carysfort Avenue and Stillorgan Park.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/46e-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 likewhine

walk up mount merrion its about a 25min walk from blackrock dart station (uphill too) otherwise get the 7 bus from blackrock up to the top of mount merrion and its just a 5 min walk from there.

Walking from top of mount merrion: Take a left you'll see Stillorgan park hotel - cross road to the side of esso garage. You will see a curved road walk up that and voila - cant miss it big tesco sign and eddie rockets there (check up google street view). Best of luck in the job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

likewhine wrote: »
    walk up mount merrion its about a 25min walk from blackrock dart station (uphill too) otherwise get the 7 bus from blackrock up to the top of mount merrion and its just a 5 min walk from there.

Walking from top of mount merrion: Take a left you'll see Stillorgan park hotel - cross road to the side of esso garage. You will see a curved road walk up that and voila - cant miss it big tesco sign and eddie rockets there (check up google street view). Best of luck in the job :D

what are you on about? 7 goes nowhere near there.

easiest way would be DART to Dun Laoghaire and then 46a or 7 to Dun Laoghaire then onto 46a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭evilberry

Actually I found out that this is only 30 minutes by walk from the place I live. So maybe finally I'll do something for my health apart from smoking.. :)

anyways, thank you guys so, so much!

lxflyer, 46e would be a peeerfect solution for me. But unfortunately it goes only in the morning. Uhh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 likewhine

what are you on about? 7 goes nowhere near there.

easiest way would be DART to Dun Laoghaire and then 46a or 7 to Dun Laoghaire then onto 46a.
    I think i meant merrion avenue apologies but glad you live close to the place anyway!

Likewhine, google maps says it's around 30 minutes by walk, but at some point I have a feeling it's gonna take me a little while longer... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:eek:

That's madness. huge amount of wasted time doing that. at least 10-15 mins to DL and another 25 or so on the 46a back to Stillorgan, thats assuming no waiting time at all.

• Advertisement

Done. 23 minutes by walk from my place, not too bad :) glad didn't take DART or bus. Healthy lifestyle welcome. Only these smokes doesn't really suit..
    anyways, thanks guys for your clues, appreciate!
    cheers!

Advertisement