Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EJ/Frentzen - are they on good terms?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

When Frentzen was sacked by Jordan during 2001, I heard we was suing them for loss income.
    I never heard what the result of that was and even now, are they on good terms or not talking?
    Heinz-Harald was one of my faves - I remember I bought a Frentzen flag when I went to Silverstone 1996. I was thrilled when he nearly won the Championship in 1999.
    I hope EJ honours him as the most succesful driver he ever had.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

In a recent thread on Pitpass forums, it was implied (by the site editor) that the reasons behind Frentzen's sacking weren't directly related to F1...

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Interesting stuff. Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Hmmm, are they trying to say on that forum that he did the deed with EJ's daughter??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

Id say that has to be a wild rumour but something happened! I was shocked that he had got on EJ's bad side so damn fast :O

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pity if it was something personal like that, fair enough if Frentzen crossed some line or wasn't professional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

It was wildly reported at the time and I have since read a quote that from Jordan that the reason he was let go was solely because Honda wanted Sato in the team. Honda told Jordan this would give them the inside track for sole supply of Honda engines the next year. It was between Jordan and BAR. BAR got the works engines. This was the beginning of the end of Jordan. Honda backed the wrong horse

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

That was interesting to know, had forgotten about HH-Frentzen til now ;)

Advertisement