Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accommodation Castlebar?

Options
  • 27-01-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Thinking of going top college in castlebar next year and i was wondering if anyone could give me some info on accommodation?
    I've already browsed over the Hawthorn Village and Nephin Halls websites.. Has anyone stayed in either and could give me a quick list of pros vs. cons?

Also any other places to stay in the area?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Hawthorn and Nephin are your standard student accommodation, nice, noisy and probably overpriced. Hawthorn is a short hike out of the town, many people don't realise just how far it is, which is all well and good on a sunny day, but it rains a lot in the west! Nephin almost in the center of town, across the road from the college, beside one of the night clubs, beside aldi, tesco, dunnes.. great location, have no idea what it costs though. I'm always weary of landlords in places like those though. Any damage or even wear & tear and they'll rape your deposit. I lived in Aglish estate right behind the college when i went there. Great craic, cheap rent. Aglish, gladesville, chestnut grove well all estates with students renting. I guess it all depends on how much you have to spend on your rent really.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

Haha you sure you don't work for them aswell?

Regardless, Nephin Halls is my main option at them moment. Any idea how much the rent is being dropped by?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Demosthenes

still no change to the website...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Surfer Dude

The true identity of doggystyle after all is Alan Judge, former SU president!!
    SHAMELESS, working for Nephin Halls. I stayed in Nephin and its ok if you dont mind living in a shoebox, sharing a bathroom and Nazi style security!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

SHAMELESS, working for Nephin Halls. I stayed in Nephin and its ok if you dont mind living in a shoebox, sharing a bathroom and Nazi style security!!

wrong! and its funny how 100+ other residents do not share the same sentiments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

Hmmm:pac: "surfer dude":pac:... set up a profile to make 1 comment??:eek: probably spent the same amount of time in college! :P

:cool::cool:[url]www.nephinhalls.com:cool::cool[/url]:

Advertisement