Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Vectra Windows Opening!

Options
  • 26-01-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭

I have a 1.9L CDTI (150bhp) '07 Opel Vectra SRi (hatchback). Since Christmas 2010 I have had a little problem with the electric windows, they’ve opened twice while parked and locked outside the house. The first time it happened I was more concerned about the contents and interior of the car (had snow blown in) to notice if the car was still locked or not. I just blamed the keys themselves in my pocket (coins or another key pressing the button) for opening the windows as the key can open the windows by pressing and holding the unlock button and the door locks will unlock first and then windows will open, once you let go of the button the windows will stop at that point. The next time it happened I did notice that the car was still locked and the windows were opened to the same point as the first time (about 4 inches from the door sill) which got me thinking there could be more to this. An accidental opening by the key to the same point is too much of a coincidence! Has anyone heard of Opel’s doing this; I do recall a few years ago Audi A4’s and TT’s doing things like this...
    I’m now concerned the car will open the windows while parked in a street or at a shopping centre...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

should have fired up the Quattro Gene Genie (sorry mods - couldn't resist! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

cjmcork wrote: »
    should have fired up the Quattro Gene Genie (sorry mods - couldn't resist! :D)

LOL:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Lots of cars with electric window do it. I has happened to me twice. ust keep valuables out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

GeneHunt wrote: »
    LOL:D:D:D:D

thanks, I'm here all week - tip the waitresses! :D

Advertisement