Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sensor

Options
  • 26-01-2011 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0331528

hi,
    i had an idea for something im building, and need a bit of help.
    Im not sue this is the correct place for the thread, so if it needs to be moved, so be it.

I am looking for a temperature sensor which uses DC power. 9 or 16 volts perhaps.

the sensor must be normally closed, and open when the temperature goes below 0 degrees celcius, and close when it rises back above zero.
    the nearest i can find is the link above from radionics, which is nowhere near what i'm looking for!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

What you really want to do is make a comparator circuit using a PRT (platinum resistive thermometer) for providing the varying signal and perhaps a rheostat for giving the setpoint (though if it's only going to switch on/off at the one temperature then a fixed resistor of the correct value will be fine). You also may want to take hysteresis into account, basically so the on and off points aren't going to be exactly the same as that would result in rapid on/off switching of whatever you are controlling.

Depending on what current you require you will need to use either a relay or a transistor for on/off switching of your supply power.

Advertisement