Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycle carrier for the new type civic

Options
  • 26-01-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

have a 07 civic sport (hatchback)

any one got it and use a cycle carrier on it ?

if so which type is best ?

thanking you in advance

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I have a type S and use the hollywood 3 bike rack, does the job but its really orkward finding places for the clips, the top of the hatch is to big for the clips to fit there you have to put them on the sides near the half spolier and clip it again around the reg plate area because they wont fit under the boot either, done a few long trips with the bike on back never had any issues yet

The rack does the job but is not the best fitting because of the shape of the hatch, i dont think any other rack would fit better because the shape of the boot just makes a poxy fit

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pump

levitronix wrote: »
    I have a type S and use the hollywood 3 bike rack, does the job but its really orkward finding places for the clips, the top of the hatch is to big for the clips to fit there you have to put them on the sides near the half spolier and clip it again around the reg plate area because they wont fit under the boot either, done a few long trips with the bike on back never had any issues yet

The rack does the job but is not the best fitting because of the shape of the hatch, i dont think any other rack would fit better because the shape of the boot just makes a poxy fit

i know a pain in the ass it is.

is this the one you got?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hollywood-f9-express-e3-3-bike-rack/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

have you gone onto the thule.com website and see what ones the fit guide brings up

Yeah thats it, you see the top straps in the pic on the golf those are the ones you cant fit, best bet is go down to cyclesuperstore they always have one out of its box and offer it up to your car it might not be your cup of tea using only 4 straps out of the 6 recommended

Never looked at thule i just went with what i seen in the shops here

• Advertisement
Advertisement