Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy: Contacts & Groups

Options
  • 26-01-2011 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi

I just got a Samsung Galaxy. I have 2 issues or I do not know how to do it properly.
    -Contacts: I had my list of contacts previously from my old phone. It added different caracters, etc..... I started doing clean up,... but I saw that I wanted to do Groups as well.
    Reading a bit about it, I saw that if I mantain the list of Contacts on gmail I could be using it.
    I exported it fixed the list, added the groups in Gmail.
    No matter what I do, I do not get the list like I had in gmail and sometimes even I have corrected the name on the Phone, if someone calls, it gives me the old name.
    ie. I had before kabuxa/1, I change it on the Phone and in gmail to only: Kabuxa
    If I get a call, I get Kabuxa/1.
    If I select to get the names from gmail, it gives me : kabuxa/1, even it was corrected there,....
    -Groups: How do I create Groups? I created them in Gmail, as the only option I have on the phone is my gmail adress, and it gives me all the names, not groups.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭kabuxa

I found out how to do the Groups,.... It was simple.

I deleted all the Contacts from the Phone
    I imported the Google ones
    I copy them into the phone
    You can only group the Phone ones, not the gmail ones unless you use another application
    Then I selected the Contact I wanted and gave me 2 options: Google and Phone
    I select Phone and I assign a Group to it.
    I go to Groups and it is there.

The one issues I saw:

I do not how to create groups so I had to rename them
    Apparently the Group names from Gmails are there, somewhere and hidden, and I cannot give them the same name as I had. But it is OK.

It is a pity I cannot move the groups from Gmail as it is very hand to organise it.

As well the problem is if I delete a name in the phone it will delete the Gmail one,... hum..... I am thinking if I should remove the gmail sync though.

So if anyone knows the answers .... Thanks!!!;)

Advertisement