Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Scleck is a moany little b*tch..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

yep, no arguments here
    lost a lot of respect after chaingate, he should have just sucked it up - its pro bike racing after all
    and who wouldnt be gutted to come second after 3 weeks of close racing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Really, if I lost the TdF to AC under the same circumstances as AS, I wouldn't be half as graceful about it. Also has come to light since AC won the TdF and they were 'best buddies', so a chance in attitude isn't unwarranted.

Personally I don't mind Schleck and hate Contador, I think its his face:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I don't really care what he says in interviews. He's a cyclist not a reality TV contestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lumen wrote: »
    I don't really care what he says in interviews. He's a cyclist not a reality TV contestant.

:eek: you sure

didnt mention his new team once he'll never get a new sponsor like that

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

As a cyclist he just bores me... Pro cycling these days seems to be more about sponsors and money instead of being about the riders and their individuality... bring back personality, guys with balls like Hinault and Pantani... even Armstrong..... I think it was Cippollini whio was saying the same thing a while back..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Ehh isn't he now the 2010 Tour de France winner due to Contadors doping ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Fender76 wrote: »
    As a cyclist he just bores me... Pro cycling these days seems to be more about sponsors and money instead of being about the riders and their individuality... bring back personality, guys with balls like Hinault and Pantani... even Armstrong..... I think it was Cippollini whio was saying the same thing a while back..

Or guys with ball

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

c0rk3r wrote: »

He might be by the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭C3PO

... bring back personality, guys with balls like Hinault and Pantani... even Armstrong..... I think it was Cippollini whio was saying the same thing a while back..

Thoroughly agree! All sports need characters to love and sometimes hate! McEnroe, Cantona, Nastase, Higgins etc etc ...... and yes ..... also Armstrong!!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mahoo

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Really, if I lost the TdF to AC under the same circumstances as AS, I wouldn't be half as graceful about it. Also has come to light since AC won the TdF and they were 'best buddies', so a chance in attitude isn't unwarranted.

Personally I don't mind Schleck and hate Contador, I think its his face:)

Totally agree. To loose the tour by the exact amount of time that he lost on the 'chaingate' stage would torture me mentally for sure. I would have trashed the gaff. He'll win this year for sure though (assuming there will be no contador)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

mahoo wrote: »
    Totally agree. To loose the tour by the exact amount of time that he lost on the 'chaingate' stage would torture me mentally for sure. I would have trashed the gaff. He'll win this year for sure though (assuming there will be no contador)

Basso will beat him.

Definitely the favourite this year, but that doesn't make him a shoe in. We've yet to see whether he can handle the pressure of being favourite from day one. And a few guys will be gunning for the Tour this year if Contador isn't racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Cadel. He'll cut all their heads off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Zullo

In Stage 2 Contador was in chase group with Armstrong & others when Schleck crashed behind. Contador insisted they sit up & wait for Schleck.
    Stage 3, the pave stage, Contador got caught up behind a crash with 30 kms to go. Someone hit his wheel & broke a spoke. He rode to the finish with his brake rubbing, which got worse in the final 2 kms and he lost 20 seconds to the group he was in. Contador said he would have lost even more time if he had stopped for a wheel change (because Schleck didn't wait for him).
    Schleck had been well behind after the Prologue, but took a minute 13 seconds that day. Add to that the time he would have lost on stage 2 when Contador did wait for him, he would have never been in yellow. Makes no difference, Schleck will be awarded the win fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

RPL1 wrote: »
    Thoroughly agree! All sports need characters to love and sometimes hate! McEnroe, Cantona, Nastase, Higgins etc etc ...... and yes ..... also Armstrong!!

Let's not forget Christiano Ronaldo. Surely there's never been a more hateable character. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭cantalach

Zullo wrote: »
    In Stage 2 Contador was in chase group with Armstrong & others when Schleck crashed behind. Contador insisted they sit up & wait for Schleck.

As I recall, it was Cancellara rather than Contador who insisted they wait for the Schlecks...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I just wish another Hinault type character would should up and give the sport a little colour. I'd settle for another Mario even.

The Schlecks and their ilk should ride beige bikes whilst wearing beige kit. Thats how unexciting they are. I would prefer to see them throw fists at each other than manly hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Trousered

c0rk3r wrote: »

Let's hope NOT - I had a tenner riding on Schleck to win 2010 tour - I got 10/1 which I thought were good odds at the time. Tore up my docket on the final Sunday tho.

Whatever the feelings about Schleck's motives, bottom line is he's good on a bike IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Ah, wasn't it so much better in the 80s. Hinault, Kelly, Mario, Van der aerden, Bruekink, Fignon.........etc etc.

Well, I guess its just a symptom of the corporate bods ultimately controlling the cycling game meaning that one eye is always kept trained on 'what has to be said/done' rather than on being naturally beligerent and ultra competitive like the old boys were. Andy is about as interesting as yesterday rice pudding and doesnt inspire one to cheer for him. A talent no doubt, but just........well........uninteresting.:rolleyes:

Strangely, its the druggies that seem to stick out in the field of bland these days, Vino, Ricco, etc It kind if makes me want to root for the likes of Cav..............now there's a horrible thought!

I think I'll be cheering on Cadel and Basso...........oh, and Spartacus..............it should be a great season, I hope.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

...he should have just sucked it up...

The bike did that for him.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Trousered wrote: »
    Let's hope NOT - I had a tenner riding on Schleck to win 2010 tour - I got 10/1 which I thought were good odds at the time. Tore up my docket on the final Sunday tho.

I had a tenner on at 7/1, Internet site. Are they required to pay out if Schleck is declared the winner retrospectively?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Oh, here's a little snippet:

Full name: Andy Raymond Schleck

Initials.....ARS.....:D:D:D

OK, schoolboy humour, but ............LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

buffalo wrote: »
    I had a tenner on at 7/1, Internet site. Are they required to pay out if Schleck is declared the winner retrospectively?

Only if everyone who won money on contador gives it back. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Fender76 wrote:
    God I wish there were more characters on the pro circuit and not just boring lady boys like Schleck...

Those "lady boys" have fared very well in some of the toughest races of one of the toughest sports in the world. What does that make the rest of us?

As for Cipollini calling for more Cipollin's in the word of cycling, well he would, wouldn't he, he is his own greatest fan I suspect. But for all that he did make for interesting viewing, when his team didn't just make the end result of a race a foregone conclusion long before the finish line, I'm not sure there is room in the peleton for more than one Cipollini. Besides they'd never leave the start line as the peleton of Cipollinis would be reduced to a heaving mass of swinging handbags when they noticed that several of them had turned out in the same eye-watering outfit.

5392709172_eec7b3dd0f_z.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Oh, here's a little snippet:

Full name: Andy Raymond Schleck

Initials.....ARS.....:D:D:D

OK, schoolboy humour, but ............LOL

Andy Schleck Esquire ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Xmt57Sgm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

buffalo wrote: »
    No, bets are placed on who is the winner on the day, what happens after is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Those "lady boys" have fared very well in some of the toughest races of one of the toughest sports in the world. What does that make the rest of us?

Hey, look I have no doubt that if Andy and me went toe to toe I'd be crying like a little girl after 10 meters... and I don't deny that he is a supreme athlete... I just wish he had some more cahones.... he reminds me of this little fella...
    http://www.newsgroper.com/files/legacy/fievel_conquista_il_west_03.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Hey, look I have no doubt that if Andy and me went toe to toe I'd be crying like a little girl after 10 meters... and I don't deny that he is a supreme athlete... I just wish he had some more cahones....

Look he probably sees the same gynecologist as his brother so there might be some issues down there.

Advertisement