Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the rear wheel

Options
  • 26-01-2011 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

hey guys, was out on a 65k cycle and arrived home to a broken spoke, i dont know how long it was broken but the rim looks to be in good condition and not bent, can it be repaired at all, if so where abouts and will it cost a fortune? appreciate the help!!:)

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,711 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Take it to your LBS - assuming fairly standard spokes they should hopefully have them in stock. Getting it fixed and the wheel trued should not be particularly expensive - perhaps around €15

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

cheers Beasty, thank god its not going to cost an arm and a leg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

depends on the wheel i have some shimano rs-10's that its notoriously hard to get spokes for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

If a spoke broke and you didn't even notice then I'm guessing it's a traditional wheel with 32 spokes - that makes it a lot more likely you'll get it replaced easily...

You're in D15 a bit right? Try the new shop in Blanchardstown village (cyclezone? is it?). I know they build wheels so they should have no problem putting a new spoke in for you.

Advertisement