Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

schoolmouse searching in the dark

Options
  • 26-01-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I am looking for information about my son who was born on the 6th of Feburary 1975 and was adopted about six weeks later from St Annes in Cork.I do not wish to upset anyone but I would love to know how he is doing,you were taken from me but you will never be forgotten.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Hi schoolmouse.

The records from St Annes were transferred to the Southern Health Board when St Annes closed down.

I was adopted in 1980 through St Annes, and if you contact the SHB they'll be able to help.

Adoption Department,
    SHB,
    Unit 4, South Ring Business Park,
    Kinsale Road,
    Cork.
    Tel: (021) 492 7250

• Registered Users Posts: 45 schoolmouse

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    Hi schoolmouse.

The records from St Annes were transferred to the Southern Health Board when St Annes closed down.

I was adopted in 1980 through St Annes, and if you contact the SHB they'll be able to help.

Adoption Department,
    SHB,
    Unit 4, South Ring Business Park,
    Kinsale Road,
    Cork.
    Tel: (021) 492 7250

Hi Doubtfir3
    thank you for the information ,it's nice to know there are people out there who are willing to help others in times of need.

Yours sincerely
    Schoolmouse

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MaryMagdalene

Good luck in your search.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 506 ✭✭✭common sense brigade

please keep us posted. i hope you find your child. xxxxx

Hi folks,
    just to let you all know that I have found my son and I am now waiting for the Social Worker to do the job they are paid to do and set up a meeting asap, I am not the most patient of people and why should I be, after being denied the privilege of rearing my own off spring, but in saying that I am over the moon as my family is once more complete.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Aw congrats schoolmouse. Not very pleasant having to wait over 3 years from your original post, to get this far I'm sure. I really hope it works out for you😀

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

Hi Schoolmouse,

I'm really pleased for you and delighted to see that you have found your son.. I'm sure you'll end up with a fantastic happy ending and will look forward to a future with your son in it.

Best of luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That's great news schoolmouse!
    Good luck to you and yours.:)

Genealogy Forum Mod

Well what do you know, I had a phone call from the Social Worker this evening and I am meeting with her in a couple of weeks in order to arrange with meeting up with my son, oh what joy and euphoria, after all these years, I can hardly believe it.

Advertisement