Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Draft, CollaboWriter problems, especially on UPC?

Options
  • 25-01-2011 8:59pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here use CollaboWriter? And if so have the had any problems connecting sessions recently? I've tried hosting a session with my co-writer tonight, but she couldn't join. My ports are open properly and I'm using a static IP but it just won't open. We both use UPC and it's been suggested that they are doing some upgrading which may be blocking the port, but the staff just don't have that kind of information. But if any other UPC customers are connecting ok over port 5001, I'll know it's not that.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Do you get a Success message from www.canyouseeme.org on port 5001?
    It could be a routing problem - I can try telnet that port from here if you want to PM me your IP.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It tells me connection refused.

I'll PM you my IP, thanks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Same here. Packages don't go further than ntlworld.ie from here - is NTL/UPC the same thing?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Same here. Packages don't go further than ntlworld.ie from here - is NTL/UPC the same thing?

Yeah, UPC is the company who bought NTL. I'll contact them tomorrow if there is no improvement. I've been told that this can be caused by work they sometimes do overnight, so should hopefully be back to normal in the morning.

Advertisement