Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge group of cyclists at Foxrock Church this evening...

Options
  • 25-01-2011 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Did anybody else see this? What looked like an organised night time spin, around 6.30 the evening of 25/01/11, starting/stopping at Foxrock church... Anybody know the details of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

Did anybody else see this? What looked like an organised night time spin, around 6.30 the evening of 25/01/11, starting/stopping at Foxrock church... Anybody know the details of it?

That's our lot - Epic MTB! During the winter we do night road spins Tuesdays and Thursdays. Shorter hill interval session on Tuesdays - laps of Killiney Hill and a longer 50-60kms spin on a Thursday! Genuine roadies would be horrified by our road discipline but I'm guessing reasonably impressed with the pace!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Cranky Mc Funhouse

RPL1 wrote: »
    That's our lot - Epic MTB! During the winter we do night road spins Tuesdays and Thursdays. Shorter hill interval session on Tuesdays - laps of Killiney Hill and a longer 50-60kms spin on a Thursday! Genuine roadies would be horrified by our road discipline but I'm guessing reasonably impressed with the pace!
    I was impressed with the pace I'm still achin'! Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

RPL1 wrote: »

Ah, I see! Fair group of ye, but can you hold an echelon properly?! In fairness, as a roadie using mtb'ing as cross training, I'm quickly learning how distinctly average my bike handling skills are...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭C3PO

........but can you hold an echelon properly?!

Is an echelon not an airplane As Gaeilge?

Whether to make a joke based on roadies wanting to fly or just plain incur the wrath of the roadies for your shameless ignorance, decisions, decisions...

Tuesday evenings occasionally suit me, how do you feel about members from other clubs (road clubs, too) tagging along?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Doc Savage

Members of other clubs are welcome as RPL says..Tuesdays for 6.30 for laps of Killiney Hill and

6.30 Thursdays for a 45km Spin to Delgany and back ; for the ladies.
    6.45 Thursdays for Gentlemen .

I take the ladies and discipline is not an issue.

Meeting at Foxrock Church every week
    Richie Byrne
    epicmtb/eurocycles

• Registered Users Posts: 27 volcanicash

What about unattached folk tagging along? i'm not a member of a cycling club and would be interested in the tuesday night spin.

i know of one club i considered joining recently that requires you join both CI and the club to come on their mid week spin "due to dangers associated with cycling at night"

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Doc Savage

well, heres the deal..
    We inisist on CI membership and Club membership to come on our spins. If you are a member of a CI Club, any Club you're more than welcome as a guest.
    its an insurance thing.
    However, if you are interested you get 3 spins as a prospective member ( it could be more ) or it could be less. Before you have to join.
    Membership is important to us because it gives us voting power at decision times.
    The benefits of joining EPIC are huge.
    I won't bore you with the details but you don't see any other Club with 20 to 30 people meeting on a Tuesday and a Thursday evening for a spin.

this is our forum, its irreverent and chaotic at times but it is a club website and everybody generally knows everybody.
    www.epicmtb.com
    We are always looking for new members and always willing to encourage but any of the other MTB Clubs are worth joining.
    feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    even if you don't know who I am !
    Richie

i know of one club i considered joining recently that requires you join both CI and the club to come on their mid week spin "due to dangers associated with cycling at night"

Generally, you have to have CI membership to gain club membership. You can't get club membership without it, as far as I know...

To Doc Savage/Richie, thanks, I might well join you every once in a while. Between college, a part time job, club league racing and general life, not as much time for training as I'd like, but Tuesday evenings are sometimes free. Night time training appeals, the power in numbers visibility thing is important to me! When I come along, I'll ask for you, say hi and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Good to meet you guys out on the spin hammerfest last night. Good to get a fast spin in during the week. I might join you on Tuesday night for some more torture around Killiney hill. Should be interesting, if last night was anything to go by!!!! Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement