Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Gray Sacked

Options
  • 25-01-2011 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Was it right to sack him for his sexist comments? Somethings seriously wrong if ya cant have a laugh and a joke. Even though it was sexist, he said it as a joke...and it was off air! He wasnt liked by everyone but personally I'll miss his commentary on Sundays.

Also, who will step up and replace him now? Richard Keys will be lucky if hes still workin by the end of the wk too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Was it right to sack him for his sexist comments? Somethings seriously wrong if ya cant have a laugh and a joke. Even though it was sexist, he said it as a joke...and it was off air! He wasnt liked by everyone but personally I'll miss his commentary on Sundays.

Also, who will step up and replace him now? Richard Keys will be lucky if hes still workin by the end of the wk too

link please!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭bullpost

Richard was the cute boy - saw the writing on the wall and got in first with the apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,978 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He's always been an obnoxious fat tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

He shouldnt have been sacked but he wasnt having a laugh or a joke either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭nosey rosie

I thought it was just a one match ban?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ooh dear... The "women can't understand the off-side rule" (I know I can't :pac:) joke is as old as the hills - seems a bit of an over-reaction. Then again, I can kinda see the other side too - even if it was off-air, it was still unprofessional. Bet if they were caught making racist remarks off-air there wouldn't be as much focus on the fact it was off-air.

This woman's on the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep, completely ridiculous.

It was a private conversation which was recorded and illegally published. If I was him, I'd be taking names of the people I'm going to sue the ****e out of. I'd say Sky have probably paid him off. They can't fire him for conduct done in private.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

He wasnt sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Send him and Big Ron on a Road Trip across the states, would be TV gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

who?

Who?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement