Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tiny Giants seek guitarist

Options
  • 25-01-2011 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

More Tiny Giants
    seek guitar and/or keys player

Sound like

Tom Waits
    The Pixies
    Fugazi
    Nick Cave
    16 Horsepower

Album ready to release and gig
    Needs to have transport .
    we are in greystones
    Also needs to be able to dedicate good time to make it all work

www.soundcloud.com/moretinygiants/sets

paulfinan@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MoreTinyGiants

Bump sauce

bump o clock and the wang daaangs

bumpington

mmmm bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

Had a listen to teh first 3 tracks - your stuff is excellent, but.... I really can't get past how much it sounds like The Pixies. Being influenced by is fine, but it's way too similar - especially the vocals - right down to the same reverbs on the vocal track!

They're almost like lost Pixies tracks - is that good though? :/

• Advertisement

I dunno man.... i would say that the music is absooutely nothing like the pixies...
    however i would agree that the vocals are very like the pixes...

musically however i would have to disagree, none of the progressions or linear directions of most of the songs have anything in common with most pixies songs...

i grew up a pixes fan but havnt realy frequented them since my late teens....

big fan of pixies production and the whole sound so i would assume that like any band that influences anyone that that has seeped in for sure...

Check out the whole album....it varies considerabbly...

thanks for the comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

musically however i would have to disagree, none of the progressions or linear directions of most of the songs have anything in common with most pixies songs...

I'm not talking about specific chord progressions - I'm specifically referring to the vocals combined with the lead guitars. All aspects of the vocals; the rasp in the voice, the reverbs, the diction & phrasing of the lyrics. As well as the lead guitar in Hocus Pocus & Wolves at the Door.

Again - I only listened to 3 tracks, and that was the impression I got from the overall sound. And you can't really say that "besides the vocals & lead guitars, it sounds nothing like The Pixies" - the vocals & lead guitars are quite a significant part of anyone's sound - especially yours, considering the riffs and drumming aren't dominant enough to take away from either of those aspects - they're just kinda there in the background - the vocals are carrying those songs, IMO.
    thanks for the comment!

Your songs are great though! I'm not having a go - just giving my honest feedback. Best of luck with it.

no worries mate, i didnt think you were having a go at all man....

just thought id reply with my two shillings..

wouldnt be in the least bit put out by being compared to the pixies...

not one bit

thanks for listening!

cheers dude!

i would one day like to be a forest master myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

MoreTinyGiants: Please refrain from bumping your thread so often. See the charter:
    [*]NO EXCESSIVE BUMPING OF THREADS at least wait a day or so before bumping a thread, if you get excessive with your bumping you'll get a temp banning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement