Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamuna Closed

Options
  • 25-01-2011 4:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Always like Jamuna indian restaurant in drumcondra and i was always promising myself another trip to the place..last time i drove by it was gone and is now called the Mint leaf(i think)..anybody eaten in the new place?
    How does it compare?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

noticed that this morning - has anyone tried out the new place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

irishbird wrote: »
    noticed that this morning - has anyone tried out the new place?

I'll be going there tonite!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Same staff and fare I believe. Name change was for financial reasons I believe. Tasty grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Degsy wrote: »
    I'll be going there tonite!

make sure to let us know if it was nice, i adore indian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Eaten there a few times since name change. Same staff and food. Portions have gotten a bit smaller though

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

jd83 wrote: »
    Eaten there a few times since name change. Same staff and food. Portions have gotten a bit smaller though

I disagree about the portion sizes..they actually seemed to be bigger than previously and plenty of meat in the Lamb Biryani that i ordered.
    Food was pretty much the same as Jamuna (excellent)so its probably the same chefs cooking it.
    Prices were very reasonable and the service was excellent..they even gave us a complimentary drink after the bill.

Deffo going back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i dont suppose you have tried margalla opp. the fire station in ballybough?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Just went here tonight for their early bird. €16.95 for starter, main, naan and pilau, tea/coffee and glass of wine or beer. Great value! Its the same as Jamuna was, just a new name! Well worth a visit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement